Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
Suprise! Buying five iPhone cables on eBay from China for $2.00 has the added BONUS of possibly burning your house down! :eek::confused:

I've bought plenty of iPhone cables from eBay in the past, but for some reason after about 6 months of use with my iPhone 4S, this particular cable burnt up!

Maybe I'll dish out the extra cash next time.

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 496

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
I always stick with genuine iPhone cables or ones from Belkin. These knockoffs are pure crap and can destroy your iPhone battery.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I have never bought knock off cables for any of my I-devices or Macs....Your picture shows clearly exactly why. It's just not worth the risk, and now that we have the lightning connector hopefully, the cheap garbage will slowly disappear from sale.

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
I have never bought knock off cables for any of my I-devices or Macs....Your picture shows clearly exactly why. It's just not worth the risk, and now that we have the lightning connector hopefully, the cheap garbage will slowly disappear from sale.

Good point. I wasn't really a supporter of Apple's increased control over the Lightning Cables, but now I'm cool with it. I'll pay more for a cable if I don't have to have my house burn down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.