Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snoosedaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
What's the deal? Got the new imac so I wouldn't deal with A3 freezing up, but is still freezing system when using brushes. I have 32GB RAM, GT680MX GPU, 3.4 GHz. Anyone else experiencing this, and how do you resolve?

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Did you do the ram upgrade yourself? If so did you test your ram once it was installed? If you answered no to the first or yes to both, what drive holds the image library?

Snoosedaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Colorado Springs
Did you do the ram upgrade yourself? If so did you test your ram once it was installed? If you answered no to the first or yes to both, what drive holds the image library?

I installed correctly, paired Bank 0,1, 1600MHz speeds. My image library is on my 1 TB fusion drive. Is Aperture 32 bit?

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I installed correctly, paired Bank 0,1, 1600MHz speeds. My image library is on my 1 TB fusion drive. Is Aperture 32 bit?

Aperture is 64 bit if I recall correctly. What I meant was that you must test ram after it's installed with something like memtest. I'm not sure if memtest is working under Ivy. There are a few others, but you can't assume that the sticks you just purchased are good. Bad sticks aren't that uncommon, and they can cause freezing, or it could be from something else. The point is to ensure that isn't the problem.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
What's the deal? Got the new imac so I wouldn't deal with A3 freezing up, but is still freezing system when using brushes. I have 32GB RAM, GT680MX GPU, 3.4 GHz. Anyone else experiencing this, and how do you resolve?

If A3 was freezing before and after you changed computers... I would expect that your A3 library is corrupted.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.