Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hishaks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2013
I have jailbroken my iPhone 5 using evasion a few weeks ago. Today, while I restarted the phone to clear the RAM, it got stuck on the Apple logo and seemed like it would blink to black screen and the same Apple logo appeared.

I was a little scared and pressed the power and home button at once and wait for a about a sec and the screen flashed once more and the phone restarted alright.

Never noticed this happen before and I was wondering if this is a problem with the JB. I am not sure how to fix this but I am not scared of restarting the phone.

Is this a problem? Is there a solution?

I checked out some other posts as well but none seem to have the solution. Also, is everyone facing the same issue?

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
I have a 4S but was getting a similar issue when I jailbroke under the initial release of evasi0n. Since then I have upgraded to 6.1.1 and used the newer version that can jailbreak that. I haven't had the issue since then.

headcase

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have a 4S but was getting a similar issue when I jailbroke under the initial release of evasi0n. Since then I have upgraded to 6.1.1 and used the newer version that can jailbreak that. I haven't had the issue since then.

Yup - what the OP is describing sounds like the slow reboot issue with the evasi0n 1.0 release. If you visit Cydia, it should automatically prompt you to update the evasi0n untether package. But if you tried that and are still having issues, you're probably best to just backup your phone on iTunes, restore your phone to the latest clean iOS, and rejailbreak your phone with evasi0n 1.4

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
I'm having the same problem. Basically when rebooting, my phone get sent into a boot loop. I can get to safe mode and uninstall things, but I'm having trouble even with nothing from cydia installed. The cydia package "evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether" is at version 0.3-3. Is that the correct one? It doesn't tell me I need to upgrade.

I have restored and jailbroken with v1.4 again. Same problem.

WTF is going on and how do I fix it?

I have an iPhone 5 and it was running fine on 6.1. I knew I should have waited to upgrade. :(

Last edited:

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
I have jailbroken my iPhone 5 using evasion a few weeks ago. Today, while I restarted the phone to clear the RAM, it got stuck on the Apple logo and seemed like it would blink to black screen and the same Apple logo appeared.

I was a little scared and pressed the power and home button at once and wait for a about a sec and the screen flashed once more and the phone restarted alright.

Never noticed this happen before and I was wondering if this is a problem with the JB. I am not sure how to fix this but I am not scared of restarting the phone.

Is this a problem? Is there a solution?

I checked out some other posts as well but none seem to have the solution. Also, is everyone facing the same issue?

I am having the same exact issue as you.

Were either of you guys able to fix this? If so, how?

----------

Yup - what the OP is describing sounds like the slow reboot issue with the evasi0n 1.0 release. If you visit Cydia, it should automatically prompt you to update the evasi0n untether package. But if you tried that and are still having issues, you're probably best to just backup your phone on iTunes, restore your phone to the latest clean iOS, and rejailbreak your phone with evasi0n 1.4

What version of the evasi0n untether package is the current one in Cydia? I have 0.3-3 and it does not prompt me to update.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
My cydia packages are updated, and still same problem.

Did you have iconoclasm installed before? After 3 restores and much trial and error, I traced my problem to a corrupt iconoclasm layout that was backed up and restored through itunes. I went in with ifile and deleted 2 leftover iconoclasm plist files (just search iconoclasm in ifile and it should find them). After that I haven't had any issues.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Back up/Sync in iTunes
Recommend you do a clean restore, choose set up as new, do not restore to backup.
As soon as the phone is activated, jailbreak it with the new evasi0n 1.4
Then use the tabs in iTunes to restore your content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.