Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Normally, my JB 6.1 works great on my iPhone 5. However, if I open photos, select a picture for email, and select a text entry field in the email, the keyboard is misplaced. It appears to be located at the location appropriate for the iPhone 4/4s before the larger screen. Is this a know issue? Is there a fix? I have auxo installed, if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 328

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I get that problem too. I think it's auxo as well since the screen space appears to be less than 3.5" and perfect for the amount of space displaced by auxo for the multitasking bar.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I uninstalled auxo and the problem still persists.

I get it when trying to send a picture from the photos app or sharing a YouTube video link from the YouTube app. It looks like it detects the multitasking bar there for some reason.

Does anyone else get this problem too?

Edit: I'm on the iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.2

david martinez

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
Okay, I just fixed it. Not quite sure how I did it.
I deleted Auxo some time ago but that didn't fix the problem.

Having Auxo uninstalled, I went to

Code:
/var/mobile/Library/

and deleted the folder called

Code:
Auxo

and I rebooted my iPhone.

Now it seems to be working fine.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Okay, I just fixed it. Not quite sure how I did it.
I deleted Auxo some time ago but that didn't fix the problem.

Having Auxo uninstalled, I went to

Code:
/var/mobile/Library/

and deleted the folder called

Code:
Auxo

and I rebooted my iPhone.

Now it seems to be working fine.

That's awesome!! Unfortunately, I have narrowed mines down related to winterboard. I haven't had auxo installed the last few times I restored from scratch

david martinez

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
New problem

Not sure if this problem existed earlier but now i'm having this problem:

If I write something under the image like the usual "Sent from my iPhone" or any text under the image, it will be deleted. Any text before the image is fine, but anything that goes after it, will disappear.

Could you check if you also have this problem?

Attachments

• textmissing_1.PNG
    textmissing_1.PNG
    640 KB · Views: 141
  • textmissing_2.PNG
    textmissing_2.PNG
    394.5 KB · Views: 143

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Not sure if this problem existed earlier but now i'm having this problem:

If I write something under the image like the usual "Sent from my iPhone" or any text under the image, it will be deleted. Any text before the image is fine, but anything that goes after it, will disappear.

Could you check if you also have this problem?

At first, it only showed what I had before the image. After the image was a image file and after that was some weird file. At the bottom, I clicked download full message and was able to see everything

So no, I am not experiencing the problem you get. When you check your email on a desktop, does the text after the image pop up?

Maybe you can try logging out and logging back into your email account

david martinez

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2013
I checked in the desktop and the text under the image is still missing.

The problem is not in receiving the message, but in sending it. I've nailed down the problem to Gmail with Exchange, as using me.com seems to be working, and simple Gmail also works.

So, from now on I will use Gmail without Exchange and problem solved.

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
This is an issue with AppSync. Nobody bothered updating it since the iPhone 5 was released and this is the result.

The only known way to fix this is to restore.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
i was also facing the same problem while uploading pictures on facebook. and the only way to fix it was by doing restore.

exinoc

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
I've tried the Auxo related suggestion posted here, but it had no effect. I've uninstalled all of my cydia tweaks one by one making sure to restart after every uninstall but nothing seems to fix the keyboard bug.

Unfortunately, since I'm running an iPhone 5, it's too late for me to restore as I would be forced to update to 6.1.3 (which I don't want).

I'm bumping this thread for justice as I would really like some help in fixing this keyboard issue. Anybody have some suggestions or best yet, a solution?

Attachments

• keyboard-bug.png
    keyboard-bug.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

zingaling89

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
Yeah, I don't have appsync installed either. Hoping to figure this out, I'd prefer not to restore and lose my jailbreak but it's a pretty annoying glitch.

exinoc

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I don't have appsync installed either. Hoping to figure this out, I'd prefer not to restore and lose my jailbreak but it's a pretty annoying glitch.

I wouldn't recommend ditching your jailbreak over a glitch like this; it's not worth it. From what I've read, it would be a long time (if ever) you'll see a jailbreak for 6.1.3.

Just to keep you posted, I tried deleting everything in these directories:

Code:
var/mobile/library/cache/com.apple.keyboards/images
var/root/Library/Caches/com.apple.keyboards/images

But it had no effect. I'm going to keep trying though.

Edit: The height from the top of the screen, to the bottom edge of the keyboard is 960px. The same resolution of the iPhone 4/4S. What causes the photoapp to place the keyboard based on the old resolution?

Attachments

• keyboard-bug-two.png
    keyboard-bug-two.png
    260.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

exinoc

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2013
Confirmed. This fixes it. Thanks!

SOLUTION:

For future readers, to solve this problem:

1. Open Cydia and install "Flex".
    note: it costs $3.99 but take my word for it, after using it for 20+ minutes, i'm already sold.
  2. Open Flex. Click the cloud at the bottom, then scroll down and find "Springboard".
  3. Search in the Springboard category for a patch called "Fix Raised Keyboard On Share Menu (4-Inch Displays)"
  4. When I tried to install it, it told me I needed the beta version of Flex.
  5. Open Cydia, add the source "http://getdelta.co".
  6. In Cydia, go to "Manage", "Sources", tap "Delta", then install "Flex Beta".
  7. Respring then try installing the patch in Flex again. Be sure to enable it (click the checkbox) while viewing the "PATCHES" tab within Flex.
  8. Respring; problem solved!

zingaling89

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2011
So when I have this Flex tweak installed, this happens to my screen for Cydia and Twitter specifically. Anyone else get this?

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    46.2 KB · Views: 136

Jhester1967

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2013
So when I have this Flex tweak installed, this happens to my screen for Cydia and Twitter specifically. Anyone else get this?

I get the same problem. Cydia only looks like that once you reboot your phone. So I reinstalled it and just won't turn my phone off until there's another fix. Because respringing won't mess it up. Just a reboot

xxxhackaxxx

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Confirmed. This fixes it. Thanks!

SOLUTION:

For future readers, to solve this problem:

1. Open Cydia and install "Flex".
    note: it costs $3.99 but take my word for it, after using it for 20+ minutes, i'm already sold.
  2. Open Flex. Click the cloud at the bottom, then scroll down and find "Springboard".
  3. Search in the Springboard category for a patch called "Fix Raised Keyboard On Share Menu (4-Inch Displays)"
  4. When I tried to install it, it told me I needed the beta version of Flex.
  5. Open Cydia, add the source "http://getdelta.co".
  6. In Cydia, go to "Manage", "Sources", tap "Delta", then install "Flex Beta".
  7. Respring then try installing the patch in Flex again. Be sure to enable it (click the checkbox) while viewing the "PATCHES" tab within Flex.
  8. Respring; problem solved!

Good find!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.