Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
They were showing some of the newest vending machines a couple of months ago.

Much more interesting that the machines of the past.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
There's a machine just like this at the San Jose Intl Airport. At least the one in the picture has two mini colors; at SJ there were only silver minis. :p

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
There is one of these at Hartsfield-Jackson Intl Airport in ATL, very cool stuff. It has everything you need, iPods, accessories, headphones. Its a very cool idea and I hope they continue

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Now THAT is a vending machine worth jacking

I'm kidding of course, but it is more appealing then the beat up coke machines that seem to get ransacked.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Abstract said:
They're also selling Mac Minis in that machine? Isn't the fall going to hurt, or does every Mac Mini now come with a new dent?

It has a robot that takes them down and puts then through the slot for you.... thank god! iPods don't deserve to fall.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Think the any of the rocking machine till it falls, unplugging replugging works on this machine? I doubt it.

I was just through Atlanta's airport in September and definitely did not see this, i would have for sure taken a picture.

Cool idea i like it, it's shocking to me that something i value so much and care for so much like an ipod can not be obtained through a machine, what a novel idea!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
iDM said:
Think the any of the rocking machine till it falls, unplugging replugging works on this machine? I doubt it.

I was just through Atlanta's airport in September and definitely did not see this, i would have for sure taken a picture.

Cool idea i like it, it's shocking to me that something i value so much and care for so much like an ipod can not be obtained through a machine, what a novel idea!

An iPod and a chocolate bar are just as easily accessible. Kinda lowers the brand value of the iPod, doesn't it?

Aren't they just iPod minis?

No, look at the Mac Minis in there as well. Those things weigh a bit.

9.8 N/kg * 1.32 kg = Big azz dent.

It has a robot that takes them down and puts then through the slot for you.... thank god! iPods don't deserve to fall.
Ok, vending machines can do that! :eek: Do I still live in 1998?

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
iDM said:

Were you going on an international flight or just an in nation flight? I believe at the ATL airport they only have it in the international terminals because flights that long are a pain in the ass without something to take your mind off of it

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
UMHurricanes34 said:
Were you going on an international flight or just an in nation flight? I believe at the ATL airport they only have it in the international terminals because flights that long are a pain in the ass without something to take your mind off of it
But unless you've got a laptop with you, you wont have much fun listening to a blank iPod. And I hope you've got a long time before your flight, too, since charging it will take a little while. But, hey, in Japan they sell nearly anything out of a vending machine, so why not in a US airport.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
My dad wanted to get an iPod Nano before his trip to Japan next week, but he didn't have enough time to go by the Apple store or have it shipped here. Maybe he found his solution? :p

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
xraydoc said:
But unless you've got a laptop with you, you wont have much fun listening to a blank iPod. And I hope you've got a long time before your flight, too, since charging it will take a little while. But, hey, in Japan they sell nearly anything out of a vending machine, so why not in a US airport.
I think they're mainly for gifts. You could always play brick for the 30 minutes its pre-charged :p

jeffzoom

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2004
i have actually walked by that machine....."vend,vend,vend,....fall...thump.....later opens......wtf? why won't it sync?.....

If there ever is a roll up OLED display, they that, a mac mini, and an ipod and you can get yer kid a computer on the way home from that biusiness trip and fit it all in your carry on bag :eek: :D :D ;) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.