Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hardon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2003
UK Kent
i thought id post this, just i case some body out there is in the same position.

A while back i dropped my iPod, it was Dead, i tried rebooting the baby (reset) but according to a few web sites that i searched for help, i had killed the Hard Drive.

it sat on my desktop for over a month, gathering dust, and then tonight, excited about the new iPod, and its video capabilities, i got sidetracked as you do, and came across a website i had not seen before, i started to read and came across this thread....

Dead iPod

Re: Dead iPod!

by Nameless Lad on Nov 19, 2001 - 08:23 PM
Although the reset didn't help revive my ipod, I did get Indiana Jones on my ipod and took the case apart as per the instructions listed on this site.
The battery was still connected to the board, I disconnected the battery then reconnected it. Works again!

:eek: well i followed the following instructions

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=6943&ItemNWTIPOD8503

and straight up it worked!!!!!

before you chuck it out or send it off for repair try the above method, it might just work.

the_freddinator

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
SE PA
If I didn't have warranty on it, i'd try this out. Since I have warranty, though, I wouldn't want to devalidify it by opening it up myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.