Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Anyone watch The Apprentice.

Even though I think Donald Trump IMO is the most self centered person ever, I watch this show every week because I find it interesting

I am happy to see that Marcus has finally been fired. I was amazed how far he had actually made it on the show without doing anything. I am amazed that after Trump fired him he fought with him. I can't believe he thought he was a good speaker. He couldn't say anything concisely, any answer he made to a question was like an essay.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
haha- just finished watching it... and yes, i admit to a sick adiction to 'reality tv'. especially the apprentice shows (i do prefer martha's version)

marcus was a loser... don't know how he made it as far as he did... in my opnion all three men in the boardroom could have been fired tonight- they're all weak.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I've never watched the show, just doesn't seem to be that interesting. According to what I had heard from Donald Trump the show by Martha Stewart isn't working out all that well. He said "that she is working very hard, but the show just doesn't seem to be working."

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I guess the cat's out of the bag, although usually we like to wait until AFTER a show has aired in Pacific time to discuss spoiler material... ;)

So anyway, I was glad to see Markus go. The guy was a total bag of hot air who never contributed significantly to ANY task on which he performed. I guess invention (his trade) does not require conciseness or the ability to form coherent sentences when speaking.

Who needs to go next: Clay (yeah, I know)... his behavior during this task was totally inappropriate (for crying out loud, making Jew jokes in NYC? it's different for Adam to do it, since he is Jewish and they were self-effacing remarks), and he's acted like a complete ASS (deliberate choice of words here) during previous tasks... he has talent, but like Jim on the Martha edition of The Apprentice, he has an over-the-top personality (not anywhere near as bad as Jim, though).

Who I think will win (or SHOULD win): Randal. The guy is just outstanding, not only on paper but also in his performances. The fact that each time a trade occurs, he gets poached away from his team should be a big green flag in his favor.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
EJBasile said:
... I think Donald Trump IMO is the most self centered person ever...
That may be the ultimate truism.

I am happy to see that Marcus has finally been fired. I can't believe he thought he was a good speaker. He couldn't say anything concisely, any answer he made to a question was like an essay.

They listed Marcus' occupation as an inventor. Upon seeing this master of nothing in action, I am convinced that his true job is that of a professional double-talker.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
wdlove said:
IAccording to what I had heard from Donald Trump the show by Martha Stewart isn't working out all that well. He said "she is working very hard, but the show just doesn't seem to be working."

Only one solution available ... ship Aunt Martha back to Alderson Prison. Rumor has it that the facility is in dire need of more top-notch cupcakes.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
clayj said:
Who needs to go next: Clay (yeah, I know)... his behavior during this task was totally inappropriate (for crying out loud, making Jew jokes in NYC?

I agree that Clay's time is just about up. Those remarks he made about Adam made people uncomfortable and it was as stupid to say them in front of an NYC crowd as it would be to conduct a similar seminar in Atlanta and then promptly ridicule the regional accent. Not smart, Clay.

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
i started off watching the UK version when it was over here and i got compleatly addicted to it! then they showed the us version and it was so lame in comparison so i only watched a few episodes of it.

i think the new british series should be starting some point soon (i hope!!!)

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Deepdale said:
I agree that Clay's time is just about up. Those remarks he made about Adam made people uncomfortable and it was as stupid to say them in front of an NYC crowd as it would be to conduct a similar seminar in Atlanta and then promptly ridicule the regional accent. Not smart, Clay.
Just a personal beef here... why is it that 2 out of 2 reality TV stars named Clay (Aiken, and the guy who's on The Apprentice right now) are gay? As a Clay who is ALSO from Charlotte (Aiken went to school here) and who's had "Oh, is your last name Aiken?" jokes directed at him, I must insist that the next reality TV Clay be an ex-Marine drill instructor with 4 children and a loving wife. :)

evoluzione

macrumors 68020
i agree, i'd like to see Randal win, the guy is just nuts, and i mean that in the sense that he is just ridiculously educated. but, it doesn't appear that he is lacking in "street smarts" either, he's a genuine nice guy, i'd be shocked if he messes it all up, as far as i'm concerned, it's his to lose, he's already got it in the bag unless he does something drastically bad. boy, i'm waffling like marcus now...

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
I was hooked on it for the first 2 season, but after the 2nd season finally with Regis & what not I lost all respect and interest in the show. I'll watch it occasionally now, but seriosly regis killed it for me.

Not to mention the fact that the contestants are getting dumber & dumber by the season

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
evoluzione said:
i agree, i'd like to see Randal win, the guy is just nuts, and i mean that in the sense that he is just ridiculously educated. but, it doesn't appear that he is lacking in "street smarts" either, he's a genuine nice guy, i'd be shocked if he messes it all up, as far as i'm concerned, it's his to lose, he's already got it in the bag unless he does something drastically bad. boy, i'm waffling like marcus now...

I agree. My bet is on having Randal win. Trump likes him and he's always winning. As you saw on the episode last night he is a very good speaker.

Adam and Clay I bet will be fired. Adam I don't think is strong enough for trump, and Clay is just too annoying and those were pretty strong comments he made.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Deepdale said:
EJBasile said:
... I think Donald Trump IMO is the most self centered person ever...
That may be the ultimate truism.

They listed Marcus' occupation as an inventor. Upon seeing this master of nothing in action, I am convinced that his true job is that of a professional double-talker.

I checked his bio at the show's website. Yea, he is a furniture designer or something...

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Wow, bit of a surprise tonight... surprising because the promos for the show gave no clue whatsoever of what would happen (they were too focused on hyping the Star Wars aspect of the show).

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
jsw said:
I think it gives nothing away to say that the cab ride at the end was hilarious!
True... but not as funny as two weeks ago when 4 folks were crammed into the back of the cab... if I remember correctly, they all sat in deathly silence.

I knew that that thing they did would come back to bite them in the end.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
clayj said:
True... but not as funny as two weeks ago when 4 folks were crammed into the back of the cab... if I remember correctly, they all sat in deathly silence.

I knew that that thing they did would come back to bite them in the end.

Yea, that was the best cab view ever, all scrunched up back there.

I wonder if it was staged that the executives had a meeting just to make the show more interesting.

I think the top two people will be Alla and Randal, the others are fine but they really do not stand out enough. My bet is that Randal will win overall.

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
EJBasile said:
Anyone watch The Apprentice.

Even though I think Donald Trump IMO is the most self centered person ever, I watch this show every week because I find it interesting
I personally find it more entertaining then interesting. Its like watching kids on a playground, "im better then you are" "No your not" "oh yes I am" "Says who" "I do" "Ya you and who else" .....
The show makes me laugh. Little do the contestants know, how very degrading it is to them to be on the show.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Adios Clay. He was thoroughly disagreeable, petulant and sullen. The only talent I saw him demonstrate was evident during last night's episode ... with further practice maybe he can fine-tune his violin playing and become a street entertainer.

Note: On 11-24, there are two back-to-back episodes being broadcast as the Trump wannabes are narrowed down to the Final Four.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.