Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marccoaraujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
Please I need help.

I was using ios 7.0.3 on my iphone 5, and today it just didn't get any network. After try everything i could remember, I decided to restore to ios 6.1.4, because a read somewhere that my problem was because apple had blocked my device, because I my device doesn't have an UDID valide.

Anyway when I try to restore to iOS 6.1.4, it got an error (ITUNES ERROR -1) and my device don't start anymore. It freeze in a loop, at the restore mode, and just don't left it, doesn't matter what i do.

I try to put all versions of IOS available, I try to use redsnow, tiny umbrella, and still the same.

Now I have a device that shows only that stupid error -1 when I try do fix it, and it is useless.

Please help me

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Please I need help.

I was using ios 7.0.3 on my iphone 5, and today it just didn't get any network. After try everything i could remember, I decided to restore to ios 6.1.4, because a read somewhere that my problem was because apple had blocked my device, because I my device doesn't have an UDID valide.

Anyway when I try to restore to iOS 6.1.4, it got an error (ITUNES ERROR -1) and my device don't start anymore. It freeze in a loop, at the restore mode, and just don't left it, doesn't matter what i do.

I try to put all versions of IOS available, I try to use redsnow, tiny umbrella, and still the same.

Now I have a device that shows only that stupid error -1 when I try do fix it, and it is useless.

Please help me

Did you try to restore in DFU mode? If it doesn't work, then it might be a hardware problem and you need to go to apple and get the device replaced

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4933530?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5126984?start=0&tstart=0

marccoaraujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
Did you try to restore in DFU mode? If it doesn't work, then it might be a hardware problem and you need to go to apple and get the device replaced

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4933530?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5126984?start=0&tstart=0

Yes I did it.

----------

It's for developer for a reason. If you ain't one then don't 'test' it.

If you don't wanna help, stay quiet.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Yes I did it.

----------

If you don't wanna help, stay quiet.

Continue to be rude and people aren't going to want to help you. Gngan has been here since 2009 he has helped a lot of people. Being the new guy in the forum you might want to think about how you address members. Gngan is perfectly capable of helping you if he chooses. He made a simple comment you lose respect. good day!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Wow, so this dude was using iOS 7.0.3:D
There's no need for anyone to try to help him, he's way ahead of the game with a firmware version that doesn't even exist yet:D

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?

marccoaraujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
Misunderstood

Maybe I misunderstood, but if I still know how to read, I'm at the "Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks" part of the forum, so discussions about firmware versions that aren't launched directly from apple were normal here.

I wasn't rude with anyone, I know I'm not supposed to use it, sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, but where I came from, if somebody is in trouble, and you are wise enough to help you should know that this kind of stuff happens, you don't need to jeer of my problems.

Everyone who really wanted to help, helped me a lot, and I'm sure that much more people read my post, disagree with me, but didn't say anything.

Thank you for those that helped, and thank you for those that disagree with me and stay quiet. You both deserve all pride and respect of this community and mine of course.

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Last edited:

zmagik

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2013
Maybe I misunderstood, but if I still know how to read, I'm at the "Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks" part of the forum, so discussions about firmware versions that aren't launched directly from apple were normal here.

I wasn't rude with anyone, I know I'm not supposed to use it, sorry if I hurt someone's feelings, but where I came from, if somebody is in trouble, and you are wise enough to help you should know that this kind of stuff happens, you don't need to jeer of my problems.

Everyone who really wanted to help, helped me a lot, and I'm sure that much more people read my post, disagree with me, but didn't say anything.

Thank you for those that helped, and thank you for for those that disagree with me and stay quiet. You both deserve all pride and respect of this community.

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Hey read this
va3uhaqa.jpg

marccoaraujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
Hey read this Image

I did read it already. I was hoping that I could found a miracle solution, but I have no more options, I have to take my device to an Apple store.

I'll do it today.

Tks anyway, after I solve my problem I'll post here what happened.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I did read it already. I was hoping that I could found a miracle solution, but I have no more options, I have to take my device to an Apple store.

I'll do it today.

Tks anyway, after I solve my problem I'll post here what happened.

Please let me know what Genius say. I'd love to know what they say too. Sorry for hurting your feeling. I will stay quiet after this.

marccoaraujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
Please let me know what Genius say. I'd love to know what they say too. Sorry for hurting your feeling. I will stay quiet after this.

I'm sorry gngan, I don't wanna fight. I just think that you could be more friendly with new fellows like me that need help, doesn't mather what kind of crap we have made.

Again, I didn't want to be rude. I'm really sorry.

Last edited:

marccoaraujo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2013
I took it there, and it really was a hardware problem.

So they gave me a new one.

Problem ended.

Thank you everyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.