Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
Hi Everybody!

I am new to the forum and and new to mac; planning to visit US (Rochester, Minnesota) for medical treatment and, in meantime, get a haswell macbook air (the base model).

I just saw a deal at bestbuy website - the base haswell MBA for $999. Does anyone know if they have the same deal in store as well. It's just I won't be having a credit card, I'll be paying with cash. So, I can't buy online. Also, I don't like to wait while they're shipping my laptop 'cuz I'm OCD about it :)

P.S Do you also think they'll have the same deal in a month or is it just a temporary deal for couple of days?

nay2vp

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2013
As far as I know, they will match whatever their online offering is. Just make sure to bring a printout or show them the online price on your smart phone, if you have one.

Meylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2013
As far as I know, they will match whatever their online offering is. Just make sure to bring a printout or show them the online price on your smart phone, if you have one.

Thanks I will. I'll also show them my student card in case they have a deal for students. It's registered at US college and doesn't have an expiration date :D

PDXPean

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks I will. I'll also show them my student card in case they have a deal for students. It's registered at US college and doesn't have an expiration date :D

They do. Another $100 off. $899 for the base model!

PDXPean

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
The 13" MacBook Air for 900? WHAT!? New? Does bestbuy carry the MacBook Air with 8GB Ram?

No, just the base i5/128/4 model. If you have a .edu email address, you will be sent a code for another $100 off.

imjoee

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2012
They definitely do not. Now I wish I had bought the base model. The 13 inch 8 GB one cost me 1300.

Wow that's crazy! Apples EDU program that base 8GB MBA will cost me 1200

And I'll sell the iTunes card too

----------

No, just the base i5/128/4 model. If you have a .edu email address, you will be sent a code for another $100 off.

Wow, I would totally buy from BB but they dont have 8GB RAM :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.