Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
Now that beta 5 has come out, iOS 7 is starting to look and act pretty polished. But I'm sure there are a few things we'd each like to see changed by the time the GM is issued. Here are some of mine:

1. New Safari and Settings icons, and color tweaks to iTunes Store and App Store icons. (There are a few other icons I don't like, but I don't use them, so I don't care whether they change them or not). I know this won't happen, but hey, it's a wish list!

2. Make the dock either tinted or else much more translucent.

3. Restore the chapter select control to the video app.

4. Give us the ability to select chapters in "home movies" (some of mine do have chapter divisions).

These changes would make me very happy, but I think I'm going to be pretty happy with iOS 7 whether they change it further or not.

What changes would you like to see?

jrm725

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
2. Make the dock either tinted or else much more translucent.

God, this this this! It drives me nuts! Why have the bigger iphone 5 screen if your wallpaper gets chopped back down the the 4S size with a big block of color?

Last edited:

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
God, this this this! It drives me nuts! Why have the bigger iphone 5 screen if your wallpaper gets chopped back down the the 4S size with a big block of color?

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. When watching a movie in the video app, there used to be a button that would bring up a list of chapters in that movie so you could select one. That control is missing from the iOS 7 video app. I'd like it back. :)

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
I may be fantasizing a little bit with these, but I feel like some of these may be possible.

1. Some sort of quick reply and/or quick compose.

2. Make it so that when the folders are zoomed in, the background stays static and doesn't zoom in as well, as this slightly pixelated the background.

3. Add a settings toggle that let's you go between a lighter type font and a thicker type font.

4. The ability to customize the toggles in control Center, and possibly let third party apps use Control Center for custom toggles in the future.

5. Remove the gradients on some of the icons, and redesign the Safari and Settings icon, they're just plain ugly.

6. Make the Game Center icon flatter, it's 3D and way too bubbly, it doesn't conform with the rest of iOS 7.

7. Remove the "weather and stock info provided by Yahoo!" text at the bottom that's now present in Beta 5. Apple, that's not you, and it looks ugly.

I'm sure there's more, but just things I'm going off at the moment.

jrm725

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2011
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. When watching a movie in the video app, there used to be a button that would bring up a list of chapters in that movie so you could select one. That control is missing from the iOS 7 video app. I'd like it back. :)

Edited: meant #2. That damn opaque bar!

Also the inconsistencies of the dark and light keyboard. Either keep the dark keyboard or keep the light keyboard. I think this somewhat hints, along with different startup screens, towards the rumored light and dark "themes" we'll see in the GM

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I may be fantasizing a little bit with these, but I feel like some of these may be possible.

1. Some sort of quick reply and/or quick compose.

2. Make it so that when the folders are zoomed in, the background stays static and doesn't zoom in as well, as this slightly pixelated the background.

3. Add a settings toggle that let's you go between a lighter type font and a thicker type font.

4. The ability to customize the toggles in control Center, and possibly let third party apps use Control Center for custom toggles in the future.

5. Remove the gradients on some of the icons, and redesign the Safari and Settings icon, they're just plain ugly.

6. Make the Game Center icon flatter, it's 3D and way too bubbly, it doesn't conform with the rest of iOS 7.

7. Remove the "weather and stock info provided by Yahoo!" text at the bottom that's now present in Beta 5. Apple, that's not you, and it looks ugly.

I'm sure there's more, but just things I'm going off at the moment.

I agree with some of your points. I think they would save the quick-reply for a 7.1 or 8.0 release though :(

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010

If you turn off today summary in notification centre settings that text disappears.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
If you turn off today summary in notification centre settings that text disappears.
But if you have today summary, but have weather and stocks turned off, seems like it shouldn't be displayed in that case either.

Appledict

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
- Black theme option for black devices
- I want pulsing lightning bolt when charcing. :D
- Customizable Control Center
- New icon for Game Center
- Smoothnes for UI animations.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
The way the pull down works with NC I'm hoping for quick reply functionality for messages

kevo1011

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2010
SMS Forward and/or SMS Autoreply.

There is attention on driving and texting. I can not believe that Apple will not allow this.

mirzank

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
Why is the notification centre and control centre background still grey when pulled up on a white background?? Looks ridiculous! Why cant the default colour be like light blue or whatevr the way its shown on all those screenshots for ios7 with the blur effect. I love the blur effect on my 4s, but on white backgrounds its worse thaf being indifferent. It looks ugly.

And i know the 4s wont get any blur effects at all and nc and cc are permanently grey. Why not be nice to those folks and also give them a default nice bluish background for both.

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
Add a hotspot toggle to control center. For those that use it, it's still a pain having to go through settings to turn it on and off.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
TWITTER AND FB BACK IN NFC!

Quick reply, thats all that's coming to me right now.

It would also be nice if it was easier to see the time/date on the home screen and not have to pick a background around it.

johnbock

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013
May be a little off track here...

I'd like to be able to copy pictures from an iOS device to external memory and get those pictures developed.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Music app is just horrible for large collections, they need to make it like iOS 6. I loved the music app in iOS 6

ionjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2013
Canada
- change most icons
- bring back the old dock or the ML dock
- bring new sounds
- make iOS 7 smoother and faster than iOS 6
- give us some awesome battery life
- give us the option to have a separate browser and Google
- make notifications smaller (like ios 6)

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2008
United States
I am going to take from you ladies/gents above and add my own too.

Gold Master
  • Tweak App Icons
  • Mountain Lion/Maverick Dock
  • New system sounds (Lock Sound just doesn't make sense anymore)
  • Ability to remove the camera shortcut from the lock screen
  • Bring back pulsing lighting bolt when charging
  • Ability to add images to notes
  • Up-Next in Music
  • Add new reminder or calendar event in Notification Center
  • Swipe left OR RIGHT to dismiss safari tabs
  • Remove the "weather and stock info provided by Yahoo!" in Notification center

Later Releases
  • Ability to quickly respond to messages
  • Open up Control Center
  • Multi-person FaceTime
  • Camera Timer
  • Offline Siri
  • New Smart Keyboard
  • Public transportation support in Maps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.