Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phytonix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
Personally and I have also found other people on Twitter or App.net that experience this issue:

- Documents in the iCloud is "locked" and none of the apps, Apple's iWork or third party apps, will be able to access Documents stored in the iCloud.

- If you log into iCloud.com, and click on any of the iWork beta, you will be kicked out and have to log in again.

- Other iCloud service seems to work fine.

AppleCare telephone support representatives seems to have worked with a number of people having the same issue. They say that they notified the engineers and they are still looking into the issue. This has been going on since sometime last week.

Anyone else having the same issue?

yliu

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Personally and I have also found other people on Twitter or App.net that experience this issue:

- Documents in the iCloud is "locked" and none of the apps, Apple's iWork or third party apps, will be able to access Documents stored in the iCloud.

- If you log into iCloud.com, and click on any of the iWork beta, you will be kicked out and have to log in again.

- Other iCloud service seems to work fine.

AppleCare telephone support representatives seems to have worked with a number of people having the same issue. They say that they notified the engineers and they are still looking into the issue. This has been going on since sometime last week.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I had have the same issue. So not everyone is affected by this issue as Apple still didn't seem to fix this?

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
Me too, exactly as you describe. I first noticed it on Sunday morning and really need to get it sorted. I'm scared to play around too much and just hope I'll wake up tomorrow morning and it'll be sorted...

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
Same issue here, noticed it on Monday.

I typically only work from Numbers on iCloud.com (have iWork installed but for whatever reason prefer the browser version) and my attempts to open it since Monday have resulted in being logged out.

I just opened Numbers (local application) and attempted to view my iCloud saves but nothing shows up.

Hopefully it gets updated/fixed soon! For what it's worth I'm not really upset over this since the service is free and obviously still a beta.

phytonix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
For what it's worth I'm not really upset over this since the service is free and obviously still a beta.

Maybe you are not upset, but there are people using it for critical tasks like writing for a thesis or something and now they can't access those files.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
Maybe you are not upset, but there are people using it for critical tasks like writing for a thesis or something and now they can't access those files.

Don't get me wrong, the document storage in the cloud aspect does suck since it's been a feature for a long time now. The apps not being available in the cloud though is a beta feature, and as such shouldn't be used for critical work.

Mr Rabbit

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
'merica
This appears to be resolved for me now. I'm able to login to iCloud.com, open the iWork betas and see all of my documents. The corresponding iOS apps see the documents as well. I'm signed into a work AppleID at work but I'm guess when I get home I'll see the same documents show up on my MacBook Air.

phytonix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2006
It is resolved for me too. Maybe they have figured out a way to fix everybody.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.