Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
This is driving me nuts, happens a lot since iOS 7. The only thing that speeds it up is a reboot, but then it will go slow again or not respond. It is understanding what I say, just it keeps coming up can't take any requests!

I tried turning Siri on and off, did a clean install and all manner of things. Nothing seems to work, so must be an Apple server issue?

scottytwo

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
Is it set to uk?

Do you have both wifi + cellular on?

Drop them both. Try one then the other.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I had a feeling Siri's new found epic ness wouldn't last once the masses moved to iOS 7 and so far I've been right. Whilst Siri is still faster when it does work, I get a lot of those messages too.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Is it set to uk?

Do you have both wifi + cellular on?

Drop them both. Try one then the other.

Yeah tried that, works for a couple of tries then goes stupid slow.

I had a feeling Siri's new found epic ness wouldn't last once the masses moved to iOS 7 and so far I've been right. Whilst Siri is still faster when it does work, I get a lot of those messages too.

Yup, they really need to invest in better servers. i find it practically useless for me!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Yeah tried that, works for a couple of tries then goes stupid slow.

Yup, they really need to invest in better servers. i find it practically useless for me!

Not everything Siri is controlled by Apple. Some of the servers are still @ Nuance (the company Apple bought Siri from)

chirop

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2013
I'm getting the same so it's prolly the apple servers who can't handle it.

Kinda sucks tough since it worked 100% of the time for me on Ios 6.

Also dutch siri where are you?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Probably 1,345,465 new iPhone users activating their new 5S/5C today and asking 25 questions in a row. Just give it a few days.

mikosk

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
Use the google search app if you want to do voice search as an alternative if Siri is too busy to give you some love.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
This is driving me nuts, happens a lot since iOS 7. The only thing that speeds it up is a reboot, but then it will go slow again or not respond. It is understanding what I say, just it keeps coming up can't take any requests!

. . .

Definitely agree.

It was performing equally as well for me as iOS 6 during the Betas (here in the UK).

In the GM it was quite a bit worse and 7.0.2 is terrible for me at the moment.

Most Siri requests whether on WiFi or 3G aren't going through. Those that do are often quite slow.

Glad I'm not alone, but hope it's fixed soon.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Sorry to bump this thread but has there been any developments or news on this issue?

I'd say I get the "I'm sorry but I cannot take any requests right now" Siri message about 50% of the time since updating to iOS7 on my iP5. I'm always in excellent LTE reception areas and most of the time I also have wifi too so it's not a connection issue. When it works it's awesome but I'd like it to work more than just 50% of the time. :cool:

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
Reporting in, since my update to iOS 7, Siri is awfully unconsistent at taking requests.

Sure, Siri is better when it does take requests, but that's not very often.

Are the servers always jammed...?

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008

I tried turning Siri on and off, did a clean install and all manner of things. Nothing seems to work, so must be an Apple server issue?

Same here. The best solution I've found is to ask Siri something, let it fail, then try again. It always works nice and fast on the second try.

I like iOS 7 but it's glitchier than any prior release, and I'm looking forward to 7.1. I expect we'll see it with the new iPads in about a week or two.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Siri doesn't work at all for me. Today i asked her to call my mom... no response. Then I asked her to call my bro sometime later... no response. Just now I asked her to set a timer for 20 minutes so i don't burn the rice on the stove. Again, no response. Just that damn spinning circle.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Siri doesn't work at all for me. Today i asked her to call my mom... no response. Then I asked her to call my bro sometime later... no response. Just now I asked her to set a timer for 20 minutes so i don't burn the rice on the stove. Again, no response. Just that damn spinning circle.

go to a place w/ good internet connection

Nimoy

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
Let me just add myself to the list of people who are experiencing this problem. It happens on both my iPhone 5S and my iPad 3rd gen. Incredibly frustrating. I don't believe this is just a matter of Apple's servers being busy due to a high volume of new users. As redman said, it always works super-fast on the second try, so I'm not convinced it's a matter of busy servers...

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
Both me and my fiancé are getting this problem. She's got tmobile and I've got sprint.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2012
Sorry to bump this thread but has there been any developments or news on this issue? . . .

Don't be sorry to bump a thread, I wish more people would.

Still have the issue here. Have experienced it both on my phone and my sisters.

Frustrating.

lostinwindows

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Hi, I am a newbie to the thread. I have had a iP4S for 2 years and I love it. However, SIRI on IOS 7.0.2 is a fallacy. It will dial a number if I say call and then the number but if I say call Bob work it will respond with the standard 'not taking requests' or I can't do that right now message.

I am getting very frustrated. I am in Canada and SIRI is set to English.

I haven't seen anything so I assume that there is no fix forthcoming about this.

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
New day, same poo poo.

2dt5g93.png

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
UK here. It doesn't work...exactly the same as you guys. It's nothing to do with getting a good internet connection. This is on EE 3G, 4G and Virgin Media broadband (100mbps). I don't know what Apple are playing at but as usual they are pretending nothing is wrong!!

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
UK here. It doesn't work...exactly the same as you guys. It's nothing to do with getting a good internet connection. This is on EE 3G, 4G and Virgin Media broadband (100mbps). I don't know what Apple are playing at but as usual they are pretending nothing is wrong!!

Yup, it is totally useless!

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Also UK. It almost never works first time now but almost always works second time. I hardly use because it's too frustrating. Nothing to do with the network connection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.