Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded Xcode Version 5.0.2 to developers, implementing bug fixes for several different issues introduced in version 5.0.1. Version 5.0.2 is listed as a Golden Master build, though there have been no prior betas.

xcode.jpg
Xcode 5.0.1 was originally released on October 22 and included new SDKs for Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and iOS 7, along with support for continuous integration bots and a Debug Gauge.

Xcode 5.0.1 can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for free [Direct Link] while 5.0.2 is available for registered developers via Apple's Developer Portal or the software update tool in the Mac App Store.

(Thanks, Ryan!)

Article Link: Apple Seeds Xcode 5.0.2 GM to Developers

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
Wow, Apple is testing an update to Xcode that fixes some unspecified bugs and will be released at some unspecified time. How many bothans died to bring us this information? HOW MANY?

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
This along with the news that an iPad Pro is in the works is an interesting development. Being able to merge mobile and desktop OSs is going to be essential in the near future.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I still have not downloaded 5.0.1 =/

There are a few bugs in 5.0 I would like to see fixed but current version is living too far on the edge for me haha.

obitow

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Berlin, Germany
From release notes:
iOS 64-bit compatible applications are only supported with a minimum deployment target of iOS 5.1.1 or above.
Is this new? I remember initially 64-bit apps were supported only with 7.0 target.

EDIT: No, this was already in Xcode 5.0.1. From 64-Bit Transition Guide for Cocoa Touch:
Xcode 5.0.1 can build your app with both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries included. This combined binary requires a minimum deployment target of iOS 5.1.1 or later.

Last edited:

Torrijos

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
Did they revert the documentation viewer?

Because this search-centric version is plain stupid!
Apple had a lot of helpful guides that are almost inaccessible locally.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
Not on the MAS yet.

It doesn't make much sense, but for some reason I like to keep Xcode up-to-date via the MAS.

EDIT: Also, can anybody check to see if the iOS6 simulator is still so slow on Mavericks? For some reason the iOS6 simulator seems to run at like 10fps, whereas the iOS7 simulator is smooth as butter.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Not on the MAS yet.

It doesn't make much sense, but for some reason I like to keep Xcode up-to-date via the MAS.

It does make sense as this is a gold master release. That means they think it's ready for public release, but want to make sure there aren't any major bugs. It's available to paying devs at http://developer.apple.com. When Apple releases the final version of 5.0.2, they'll release it on the MAS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.