Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Madwitch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
North Yorkshire, UK
Don't know if this is the correct part of the forum, but icloud calendar is driving me nuts. My working day starts at 7am and finishes at 8pm (for the purposes of viewing my calendar). However icloud shows the day from Midnight to 23:59 which means that I can only ever see part of my calendar. In Ical you could change the length of your day - anyone any idea whether you can do this is Calendar? Thanks in advance!

Bruno09

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Far from here
Hi,

in iCloud, click the gear icon (bottom left corner) : Preferences / General.

In the upper right corner, the question mark gives access to iCloud help.

Madwitch

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
North Yorkshire, UK
Doesn't make any difference. Yes I can see another week but what I want to see is only the hours between 7am and 8pm - not midnight to 7am and 8pm to midnight as well. Hey ho. Think it's back to a paper diary.

graham3d

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
iCloud Calendar: Change start time

Don't know if this is the correct part of the forum, but icloud calendar is driving me nuts. My working day starts at 7am and finishes at 8pm (for the purposes of viewing my calendar). However icloud shows the day from Midnight to 23:59 which means that I can only ever see part of my calendar. In Ical you could change the length of your day - anyone any idea whether you can do this is Calendar? Thanks in advance!

Did you solve this?
You can change the number of hours it shows at a time on the screen, in the bottom left settings on the web version of iCloud Calendar.

So my question is:
How do I change the starting time of the day to 6am instead of midnight?

If this can be solved, I can then set it to 16 hours shown at a time and see 6am to 10pm.
Thanks for your help.
Graham

cellmaker

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2009
For scheduling, not for viewing (sheesh)

I thought exactly the same thing and contacted Apple Support to get the skinny.

They say the pref "Day Starts..." etc. is for allowing people to request meetings within a period of time (your day), not for viewing. I suggested this was not expected behavior.

The support guy admitted that this was both unclear in the preferences and probably insufficient. He said he would submit a request for a) better clarification within the preference pane and in related support docs and b) put in a suggestion that many people would like to have a default view that corresponds to the "day" as specified.

I suggested a simple toggle switch that says "also set this as my default Day view" would not add a big burden to the preference screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.