Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RodPinto

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2012
Brazil
I really am loosing my patience!

Since i´ve returned my late 2013 iMac, i just can´t wait anymore for the nMP.

I´m even thinking about building a custom and powerful PC myself, so i won´t have to wait anymore.

The biggest problem is that i´m leaving my life using a 11 macbook air, so i really miss the power and the bigger screen of a desktop.

How are you guys dealing with this long wait? Which day of December do you think the sales will start? Maybe still in November?]

Best wishes

[G5]Hydra

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2004
Well if you plan on getting a new MP you are gonna need to get a big desktop display anyway no? There is nothing stopping you from buying a bigger screen now to work with the MBA and using it on the new machine when you get it. This assumes you aren't hoping they are releasing any new lower cost displays alongside the new MP when it ships but if you want to wait for that too then you are stuck using the MBA by choice.

Dr Charter

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Oklahoma

Since i´ve returned my late 2013 iMac, i just can´t wait anymore for the nMP.

I´m even thinking about building a custom and powerful PC myself, so i won´t have to wait anymore.

The biggest problem is that i´m leaving my life using a 11 macbook air, so i really miss the power and the bigger screen of a desktop.

How are you guys dealing with this long wait? Which day of December do you think the sales will start? Maybe still in November?]

Best wishes

I would just buy the current Thunderbolt Display, use it with the Air, and use it with the Pro when it comes out in December.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
How are you guys dealing with this long wait?

Like a normal person would.

I don't get these threads. When there was no news people were posting that Apple should at least post some info whether there will be a new Mac Pro. So they did. Now people complain that they cannot wait?

#firstworldproblems

tuxon86

macrumors 65816
May 22, 2012
It's not as if the nMP was really revolutionnary in it's performance... It use the same component that you can get presently on an HP or Dell...

It is revolutionary in design but not in performance. The only thing differencing it is its ability to run OSX out of the box. Which is less important today unless you are tied to apple exclusive software. Less so if you're using dual plateform software like Adobe, Autodesk or other.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
I can understand moderator pulling my reply to 'that post'. But you took out the description that my mate who has 3x5,1's said when he called the cute Black Can the 'Black T*mp*x' that made me really laugh. I have asterisked the word to avoid offending anyone intentionally :D

Major Reeves

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
EUSSR
But in a not offensive way, I fail to understand the reason to why buy the "crippled Mac Pro" which in a sense resembles "that" old Daikatana poster. Remember of what John Romero was about to make out of you? Because that is what Apple is making of you now.

But then again, I haven't come here in almost a year after I said that I was tired "sucking up" and the WWDC 2012 lack of update being the last drop which prompted me to build a linux workstation, mostly thankfully for my workflow allowing me to.

But indeed...
For all the nonsensical "enthusiasts",
"A fool and his money are soon parted".

Last edited by a moderator:

ApplesAOranges

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2011

Best wishes

Well you´re going to need a whole lot of more patience, because when you make the order you´re gonna have to wait for the delivery at least 3 months. Just like we had to wait for the new iMacs.

Thumbs up for Apple. :apple:

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
But in a not offensive way, I fail to understand the reason to why buy the "crippled Mac Pro" which in a sense resembles "that" old Daikatana poster. Remember of what John Romero was about to make out of you? Because that is what Apple is making of you now.

But then again, I haven't come here in almost a year after I said that I was tired "sucking up" and the WWDC 2012 lack of update being the last drop which prompted me to build a linux workstation, mostly thankfully for my workflow allowing me to.

But indeed...

I'm not sure which crippled Mac Pro you're talking about, but I'm glad people like you have left. Leave the serious and often spirited conversations to people who don't let a company make them a miserable person.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
nMP will be available for pre-order on 12/20/13.

In-store availability on 2/14/14 with units shipping same week. (~60 days not unusual for new models)

As it was unveiled in June 2013…only 8 month wait before actually unboxing it.

Patience builds character…..

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I'm not sure which crippled Mac Pro you're talking about, but I'm glad people like you have left. Leave the serious and often spirited conversations to people who don't let a company make them a miserable person.

Very well put.

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007

In-store availability on 2/14/14 with units shipping same week. (~60 days not unusual for new models)

I'm actually waiting to hear back from my accountant related to this. If I buy it in 2013 but don't take possession until 2014, can it be counted as a 2013 business expense?

And, if the IRS ruling is just that you have to commit to the capital purchase, is that nullified in any way if the purchase is financed?

I believe the IRS also says something about depreciation of equipment if it's bought in the second half of the year. In other words, I can't take a full years worth of depreciation for 2013 if the asset is bought 1 July or later which makes sense. I think it's pro-rated.

Given the number of people who will be using nMPs for business, I actually think Apple did us a favor by releasing it so late in the year thereby giving us the choice of what year to expense the purchase in.

RodPinto

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 16, 2012
Brazil
I'm actually waiting to hear back from my accountant related to this. If I buy it in 2013 but don't take possession until 2014, can it be counted as a 2013 business expense?

And, if the IRS ruling is just that you have to commit to the capital purchase, is that nullified in any way if the purchase is financed?

I believe the IRS also says something about depreciation of equipment if it's bought in the second half of the year. In other words, I can't take a full years worth of depreciation for 2013 if the asset is bought 1 July or later which makes sense. I think it's pro-rated.

Given the number of people who will be using nMPs for business, I actually think Apple did us a favor by releasing it so late in the year thereby giving us the choice of what year to expense the purchase in.

Very well observed!

Celedral

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2008
Los Angeles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_179_depreciation_deduction

As I understand it, Section 179 allows us to write off as much of the expense in one year as we wish (subject to a maximum and requiring income exceeding the total Section 179 expense), even if the property is purchased on the last day of the year. However, the property must be placed into service before the end of the year to be expensed.

Nice, I'm looking to write off some serious stuff this year for my 1099.

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007

As it was unveiled in June 2013…only 8 month wait before actually unboxing it.

Patience builds character…..

Or they could be ready available, shipping in 24 hrs for the stock models.

I hope for this because there is a better chance of impulse buying and people sending it back to Apple where it will end up as a discounted refurb. :D

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
What do you expect? This is just an online message board. Nobody here is going to win the pullet surprise for their posts. Mistakes like spelling "lose" as "loose" are pardon parcel with people who learn the language through talking and not through reading.

I could of made that same mistake if I hadn't learned these words by reading them. Sadly, people who don't read just can't cut the muster. Alot of people would just assume watch a movie instead of read a book and it shows in there writing. For all intensive purposes they are exposed to new words strickly by hearing them and they never learn the proper spelling -- It is simple cause and affect. If this subject peeks your interest there are lots of web sight's that can help you learn more.

I've come to turns with it, but the sad thing is that these loosers look like idiots. It's a doggy dog world and they're selling themselves short. One mispeled post to the internet and -- walla -- the whole world knows they don't read books. And there's no statue of limitations for Internet posts -- it will be in Google forever. What could be more important then that? I don't mean that there dumb persay, just that there supposably illiterate. That's not an ad homonym attack, it's just the truth. You might think that this is all just a mute point but I prefer to air on the side of caution. Common, if you don't think spelling matters you're diluting yourself. Don't be rediculous. Learning how to spell will go along way towards making your point. If you want to type a word and you don't know it's proper spelling just look it up on google. I could care less how busy you are, take the time to get it right!

I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to important to skip. Take my advise: if you don't read you'll never be a bonified grammer nazi like me.

What can I say? People who can't spell "lose" just demonstrate that ignorance is blitz.

propower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to (should be "too") important to skip. Take my advise: (should be "Advice")........

Plus quote should be "All intents and purposes".......

And that should have been "Websites" right? not web sights...

Please - just trying to inject humor here... :)... Or was yours all erudite tongue and cheek in the first place? In which case I chuckle with ya!

Oh yeah -- "diluting yourself" -- now that's funny ---

Pullet Surprise?? Pardon Parcel??

OK - Im in - this is funny stuff on porpoise right??

Last edited:

chris.k

macrumors member
May 22, 2013
YSSY
...a mute point
air on the side of caution.
Common
you're diluting yourself.
Don't be rediculous.
I had a piffany

Brilliant. You're response is absolutely a work overt. :)

Portions of this post may appear in my .sig in the few sure, if thats okay with you! :)

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
What do you expect? This is just an online message board. Nobody here is going to win the pullet surprise for their posts. Mistakes like spelling "lose" as "loose" are pardon parcel with people who learn the language through talking and not through reading.

I could of made that same mistake if I hadn't learned these words by reading them. Sadly, people who don't read just can't cut the muster. Alot of people would just assume watch a movie instead of read a book and it shows in there writing. For all intensive purposes they are exposed to new words strickly by hearing them and they never learn the proper spelling -- It is simple cause and affect. If this subject peeks your interest there are lots of web sight's that can help you learn more.

I've come to turns with it, but the sad thing is that these loosers look like idiots. It's a doggy dog world and they're selling themselves short. One mispeled post to the internet and -- walla -- the whole world knows they don't read books. And there's no statue of limitations for Internet posts -- it will be in Google forever. What could be more important then that? I don't mean that there dumb persay, just that there supposably illiterate. That's not an ad homonym attack, it's just the truth. You might think that this is all just a mute point but I prefer to air on the side of caution. Common, if you don't think spelling matters you're diluting yourself. Don't be rediculous. Learning how to spell will go along way towards making your point. If you want to type a word and you don't know it's proper spelling just look it up on google. I could care less how busy you are, take the time to get it right!

I had a piffany about this: learning to spell words is a right of passage that is to important to skip. Take my advise: if you don't read you'll never be a bonified grammer nazi like me.

What can I say? People who can't spell "lose" just demonstrate that ignorance is blitz.

You panned 22 carrots there nugget :D

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010

But indeed...

Use whatever works best for your workflow. As much as I liked Linux, in the field of Broadcasting and video production a Linux workstation would of never worked for me.

Thats why I transitioned to the Mac Pro and my productivity increased more than 10 fold.

rfalcon

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2013
You,re funny

Let me get this straight !!! You are a grammer nazi who can,t come to turns with cutting the muster ? Hahaha , do you put muster or catch up on those nuggets ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.