Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtk86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Does anyone else have an issue where when you look at a full size photo within the album, the status bar info is still showing in black? Rather than it being transparent? I checked on a non-jail broken device and it wasn't showing there. Any ideas on how, if possible, to fix this? Appears to be related to the jailbreak.

rtk86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
u6asuryz.jpg

Here's an example of a random photo being viewed from the photo app. It's zoomed in.

rtk86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Me either but good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Most probably have it and haven't noticed. I'm sure it'll get fixed once all the craziness dies down.

rtk86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
My guess would be no unless someone can confirm theirs does not have this issue. I have on both my 5S and iPad mini so I'm 2 for 2.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I just snapped a photo on my 5S 7.04 after I installed the JB and I am not seeing the problem described here at the top of the photo when I view it.

rtk86

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2011
Hakr - you have to zoom in the pic so it takes up the whole screen. Or a screen shot will automatically fill the whole screen. Then you will see the status bar in black.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Same here.
iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4
I don't mind being black in the Photos but when making calls it makes me angry. Sometimes when I don't hear other people I check my signal strength and I can't see *****.

converge

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2009
It's happening to me as well and I have nothing installed from Cydia at all. Honestly, if that's the worst bug with the Jailbreak I can live with it.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
Happening to me as well. I've also noticed top and bottom 1" spaces around my pics (full size, untouched pics). Why is that happening?

loganfrye

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2014
I've had this happen once in a while on my non-jailbroken ipad ios 7.0.4. Then it just goes away

Steve-Jobs

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
I still get those black status bar bugs while in apps. It looks ugly but doesn't annoy me too much. Probably re-jailbreak will fix but can't be bothered.

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
I still get those black status bar bugs while in apps. It looks ugly but doesn't annoy me too much. Probably re-jailbreak will fix but can't be bothered.

Re-jailbreak won't fix the problem until the jailbreak gets updated to fix the problem. For now the only solution is StatusBarFix2, which does the job quite nicely

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.