Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you wear a iWatch?

• Total voters

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I want an iWatch really bad. I think it would be really cool and fun. I am hoping apple will release a iWatch really soon. It just can't be anything like the samsung galaxy gear that's just horrible. But I'm confident apple will do a better job. Would you wear an iWatch and why?

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Depends on its appearance and function. I would possibly wear one. Though wireless charging is a must! A watch id have to charge every night would be annoying.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
So you don't like Samsungs because it's "horrible". However you HAVE to have the yet unseen/nonexistent Apple version? Are you for real? How embarrassing.

And no I'm not wearing a massed produced Chinese assemble anything on my wrist. Either something nice or nothing at all.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Since I don't wear watches now, I can't see myself wearing one of these, but who knows, once I get enveloped by the RDF I may change my tune :D

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Not sure about having a watch as an extention of my phone concept.

There might be situations where looking a an iWatch might be beneficial, but I am not sure it would justify the cost since it is not a replacement.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I don't see the point. THey seem to be a solution in search of a problem.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Like others have said, it really depends on design/functionality.

If it is something like the Samsung watch that came out, plain old "watch" type design with a few phone-like functions cooked in...no.

If it has a "sexier" design, something like the Nike FuelBand, with more features worked in...maybe.

I can't definitively say that I will or won't buy/wear something I've never seen. I don't expect this "iWatch" device to look or function like a regular old wrist watch...I'm guessing it is a design/form factor that we haven't even thought of/conceived of yet. Until I know what it looks like and how it acts, I can't make a fair decision.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
No. Future generations might but for my generation it's a child's toy. I like proper mechanical watches and my iPhone.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I already wear a "Pebble" which works great for me. However, I consider it a stop gap measure until something made by Apple comes out. (No one knows what Apple will call it, iWatch is just a guess. It may be so different a product that some different name will be needed.)

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
I like wearing watches but so far have stayed miles away from stuff like the Pebble or Samsungs thing as they are dead ugly and do not offer any functionality that could make up for that. As for the iWatch: Can't say yes or no before I know the product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.