Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adriandvinsk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2014
Hey guys,

Great news! After hours of playing around with iTunes and Windows I finally found a fix! I made an account on here just to share it with everyone. Feel free to copy this to other forums ect but please give credit. =]

It turned out to be a driver issue, I don't know what causes this, but re-installing the iDevice drivers fixed the problem for me.

In case you don't know how to re-install your iDevice drivers follow these simple steps and finally fix the trust this computer problem.

Note: Windows 8.1 OS/iPhone 4S is used. IDK about drivers on Mac.

Step 1: Make sure iTunes is closed and your iDevice is unplugged.

Step 2: Navigate to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers (Or search for it)

Step 3: Find your iDevice (In my case it was called "Apple iPhone") and right click it, click on properties.

Step 4: Click on the Hardware tab up the top and click properties in the bottom right. This will open another properties box.

Step 5: Click "Change settings" in the bottom left. Another properties box will open.

Step 6: Click on the driver tab up the top and click on "Uninstall" at the bottom. Click "OK" to the warning to confirm driver uninstall.

Step 7: Simply plug your iDevice into your computer and Windows will automatically re-install the fresh drivers and everything will now work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.