Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alohamade

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Hey everyone,

We received a tip from a website that said that the French manuals of the new MacBook Airs that were released this week contain references to a Thunderbolt 2 port. As it currently stands, the newer MacBook Airs do not have such a port, and I wanted to see if anyone who picked one up in the U.S. or other countries have the same reference in their booklet.

IsqpMHj.jpg

This obviously could be a typo, but if anyone else sees this in their manual and picked up their MacBook Air yesterday, let us know in the thread.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
This manual contains no Thunderbolt 2 reference.

The manual has been updated. Earlier the manual on that link stated "Thunderbolt 2".

Additionally, the current copy was created on May 1 according to its metadata - a day after the file was originally posted online.
Screen%20Shot%202014-05-02%20at%2022.59.46.png

Manuals in other languages have yet to be updated.

My guess is Thunderbolt 2 inclusion was canned at the last minute and referenced in the manuals by mistake.

kwijbo

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2012
The manual has been updated. Earlier the manual on that link stated "Thunderbolt 2".

Additionally, the current copy was created on May 1 according to its metadata - a day after the file was originally posted online.
Manuals in other languages have yet to be updated.

My guess is Thunderbolt 2 inclusion was canned at the last minute and referenced in the manuals by mistake.

I can confirm it was there before, unfortunately I didn't save a copy of the file.

walkthruwalls

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2014
waters of Thailand
Lol this makes me a bit disappointed if this was indeed a last minute decision to ditch TB2 for the 2014 Airs. But probably because the i7 models didn't have new Intel processors, it was a safe move.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.