Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Battlestar Galactica screen saver. However, it does not seem to turn on when I have the password protection for logging during screen saver mode

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I use the Apple RSS Visualizer screen saver.

Maybe everyone already knows this, but maybe not...
If you want it to display an RSS feed that isn't already listed there, you can get it to display any RSS feed you want. Just go to the feed and open it is Safari and add it to your Bookmarks. Then when you go back to the screen saver options, it will be listed there with all of the others. :)

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
I organised artwork for all my iTunes songs, even though there's only about 60-70 :eek: and so I made album artwork the screensaver and it looks pretty good because there is a fair variety there :)

Applespider

macrumors G4
I use the iTunes artwork since virtually all my music has artwork associated with it; I do wish though that there was an option only to use the artwork associated with a particular playlist. While I'm happy to display my Top Rated artwork, some of my one-star (only in the Library for video projects or completeness) can be a little embarrassing! :eek:

Perhaps I'll have a look in Quartz Composer and see if I can tweak it.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I just use a standard Mac OS X one - Flurry, or whatever it's called.

Don't see the point in changing it... if the screensaver kicks in then obviously I'm not using the computer so I'm not really bothered about what it's displaying :rolleyes:

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
donloaded this electricsheep thing, it's just asking me to be patient at the moment, this must be one big sheep it's downloading!

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
There is a cool one on the Apple site called "Astral Blossom". I only have the demo. It's very colourful.

I use the Apple Spectrum one. It's very nice.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
I use SaveHollyWood which allows you to set movies as your screensavers, howeverthe new version isn't working on my iBook at the moment (maybe because that's because it's only 10.4 :rolleyes: )

::20ROGERSc::

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
I use the Fireworks screensaver. It's kind of hypnotizing if you stare at it long enough.

Edit: The Electric Sheep looks really cool; hopefully there'll be a Universal version soon.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
thegreatluke said:
I use the Fireworks screensaver. It's kind of hypnotizing if you stare at it long enough.

Edit: The Electric Sheep looks really cool; hopefully there'll be a Universal version soon.

Luckily for you (and MacBook/Intel iMac owners), there is! It's on the download page right next to the PPC file. The "Intel" DMG is a universal binary.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
istonedu321 said:
after I download electric sheep, where do i put the file thats shows up on my desktop.

It's a disk image. The readme file contains installation instructions and Firewall port configuration, but basically you put the ElectricSheep.saver file (with the blue icon) in your /Library/Screen Savers folder, just like any other screen saver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.