Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What you decide to get?

• Thought of 4.7, sticking with 4.7 (iPhone)

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • Thought of 4.7, jumping to 5.5 (iPhone Plus)

Votes: 35 22.0%
  • Thought of 5.5, jumping to 4.7 (iPhone)

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Thought of 5.5, sticking with 5.5 (iPhone Plus)

Votes: 74 46.5%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
Poll to see what people have chosen and whether anyone had jumped the fence in either case.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
No idea what I'm sticking with until I use it for at least a week. That being said, ordered a 6 Plus.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
6+ has always been my choice.

Also, I've posted this in the 30 other threads on this subject.

Makala

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I ordered a Gold 64GB iPhone Plus, it's 7-10 day delivery which is sort of a perk I guess if you compare to 3-4 weeks.

I'm happy with my purchase, my biggest influence was the 1080p... What's the point of having a snazzy 1080p shooting camera without a matching display.

Ortiz7983

Suspended
Aug 6, 2012
Sticking with mine till iphone 6s plus or iphone 7 plus. Whatever they decide to call it. That's being said, ordered a 6 plus.

munkydust

macrumors member
May 2, 2010
I tried a 4.7" phone a about 4-5 months ago and thought it was the perfect size for a phone. If I could have lived with a larger phone, I would have already bought an LG G3.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Ordered 5.5 though i have a suspicion I might cancel after trying it in an Apple store. Used a galaxy note yesterday, and that was big, the 5.5 is bigger.

Wonder how many will be returned.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Bought the 4.7...though seriously considered the 5.5.

My case arrived today and doesn't seem that much bigger than the 4. I may hold off activating the 4.7 on Friday until I can play with the 5.5...

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
6 plus is no doubt the hit of the year. I see a lot of cheap 4.7's on ebay in about a month. The 6 is like the 5C was to the 5S.

No.

The 6 will outsell the 6S. Both are the same build quality.

And if you bother to watch people on a daily basis, the vast majority do not own phone the size of Galaxy note.

Dont let the early pre-orders fool you, it just means they produced less. The 6 will far far outsell the 6 plus.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
No.

And if you bother to watch people on a daily basis, the vast majority do not own phone the size of Galaxy note.

Dont let the early pre-orders fool you, it just means they produced less. The 6 will far far outsell the 6 plus.

I don't watch people on a daily basis.....thats actually kind of creepy if you do. 6 Plus is the one to get, you are having a little buyers remorse I take it?

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I don't watch people on a daily basis.....thats actually kind of creepy if you do. 6 Plus is the one to get, you are having a little buyers remorse I take it?

It is almost universally true that resorting to personal attacks is the easiest way to demonstrate you feel insecure about your position.

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
iPhone 6 or 6 Plus Decision?

Don't be ignorant... I myself had a note 3 and couldn't get over how big it was after carrying it around a few weeks, printed out the specs of the 5.5 and couldn't help but laugh.I returned the note 3 and started using my 5 again, no way am I going back to the phablets again, I'll guarantee that for half the plus preorders.

Gladly purchased the 4.7 64gb

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Getting the 5.5". Currently carry my iPhone and an iPad mini for work. My reasoning is that with the 5.5, it'll negate my need to carry the iPad mini. Also, once the :apple: watch comes out, I can use that for glancing information and not worry too much about whipping out a large phone all the time for little things. Best of both worlds for my use.

Grmnracing

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2011
I purchased the 4.7 inch iPhone 64GB. I'm used to using a 3.5 inch iPhone. There are many reasons I did not get the 5.5 inch. I thought for a long time about the subject. Most of my daily media consumption is done on my iPad after hours. I have an iPad mini which suits my needs very well.

One of the main reasons I got the 4.7 inch iPhone is comfort of carrying around on a daily basis. I am one of those people who believes in being prepared. Every day I carry my concealed carry firearm. I carry a flashlight and a Leatherman multi tool. The 4.7 inch iphone suits my needs for carry better.

Most of my media is consumed on the iPad saving my iPhone's battery for when I need it. I was able to afford the iPhone 6 plus. This time around I chose a phone in the 64 GB configuration. The iPhone 6 plus really caught my attention with the better features. I'm sure I'll be very happy with the 4.7 inch screen.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
As a previous Note 3 owner I'm very curious how people will feel about their iPhone 6 Plus decision 3-6 months from now.

I'm not saying that in a derogatory way at all. I hope people that buy it, enjoy and and keep it and never look back.

"Going too big" is a problem I have for my EDC (everyday carry). Blade, vaporizer (I used to smoke ICK right?), torch, handgun, wallet, etc. I always start off with something that is technically better but then end up getting a smaller size because it ends up better for EDC. I did the same thing with the Note 3.

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I flip-flopped until I had the cardboard cutout. That made the decision a lot easier. 6+ = too tall, so I opted for a 6.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
No.

The majority of people whom I am in the elevator with or standing in line pretty much have the galaxy s4, s5, note, or iPhones.

Those pretty much the only phones I see and they are obviously large phones except the iphone.

There was an article (or blog, can't remember) I was reading that mentioned that a lot if Android owners preordered the iphone 6 Plus.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Phablets look dorky as heck lol.

"Ey girl what's your number?" (pulls out mini computer)

I don't get this. Do you realize how many millions use the Samsung phones everyday without looking the least bit dorky? Maybe in 2010 phablets would've looked weird. But in 2014? Nah. It's normal.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Already ordered a glass screen protector for my iPhone 6+. No back down now!

The 6+ maybe big, but they have much more advantages for only $100 more. The screen ppi will be noticeable. The standard retina is outdated.

Rugburn

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
I flip flopped a bit. Started with 6, but considered a 6+ for the added features.

Stayed with the 6.

For me, I have 2 teens on my account. They get my leftovers. In return, I get their upgrade eligibilities. And always a new phone in my pocket.

So really I only need to hold onto the 6 for another year. Then I can pass it down... and get the 6S, 7, or whatever they call it.

I feel that day-to-day I would regret having a 6+ if it didn't fit in my pocket, etc... Kind of like my DSLR. Its a big beautiful camera, takes great shots (when I remember to carry it) But all my pics are taken on my iPhone because it is small, portable, and always with me. Too big, and that stuff stays home, kwim?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.