Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cynics

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
For those that are in large group iMessages are you having any issues?

I'm in the middle of trying to get a group of employees and friends sorted out with these issues and it's being a nightmare to say the least.

I'll use my social group for example here for company privacy. In total there is 18 of us dealing with this through multiple groups.

Some people are unable to send messages into the group. Says failed to deliver. Tried resets, turning imessage on and off deleting groups etc.

Then the problem starts.

Now there are multiple groups with the same people, some people can't send anything, some people can send iMessages and some are being sent as text (we are all on iPhones all with iOS 8).

The issue gets even worse. When someone leaves a conversation the people it won't actually leave AND you can no longer reply. See attached image, says I left but still getting messages with no reply field.

1aec93759eeae442264f3317579ae0cc.jpg

The picture doesn't show it but imessages also continue to come through.

Again like mentioned there is 18 of us in total (pictured is just my social group not work) and all of us are on iPhones with iOS 8 and imessage works when I text them individually.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
No, I'm having the same problem.

I have two ongoing group texts with my friends, each with two other people besides me. What happens is I get message delivery error, and "try again" doesn't work, either.

In the first group text, I fixed this by creating a new group text with the names in reverse order. The second group text, nothing is working, so I've been using the mac Messages app to talk to people.

I'm not using a custom keyboard or anything like that, and turning iMessage on and off didn't work, either.

shinji

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2007
No, I'm having the same problem.

I have two ongoing group texts with my friends, each with two other people besides me. What happens is I get message delivery error, and "try again" doesn't work, either.

In the first group text, I fixed this by creating a new group text with the names in reverse order. The second group text, nothing is working, so I've been using the mac Messages app to talk to people.

I'm not using a custom keyboard or anything like that, and turning iMessage on and off didn't work, either.

I was able to fix this in the second group text today by deleting the original group text and starting a new one. On my phone, I don't have the history of that conversation anymore, but on the Messages app on my mac, I still have it.

s2smooth4u

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
my group chat is sending my text to everyone as a separate text. anyone have that problem?

kuruptmixer

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
I'm having the same problem, even if I remove myself from a group message, I continue to receive the notifications. SUCH A HEADACHE!

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
Having lots of issues between two different groups. One group has four people with iPhones and it seems like every time someone sends a message it creates a brand new group chat. At times I'll have 6 groups going at once with everyone replying in different ones, even after we've tried coordinating into one. I think it might be caused by the fact that I'm still on a Mavericks and two of them are on Yosemite beta because the problem usually starts when one of them replies to me on a message I sent on my computer.

Also having issues with messages sending only as texts. The only solution was to delete the chat and start it over, which was really annoying because we had all those great group photos that were fun to scroll through under "details" and I'm bummed to have lost it.

iMessage and iOS 8 as a whole just seem very buggy right now. For me, it seems like a lot of my problems are being caused by the public release of Yosemite not being out yet. I might install the pubic beta just to see if the first issue is resolved for us.

Jsketch

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
Maybe not what you are looking for but you could try Hangouts. Pretty much everyone has a gmail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.