Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darklyx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I was at the apple store early this morning and I got the chance to play with both. It seems to me that the 6+ sometimes stutters when scrolling long lists in certain apps (you can see this clearly in the Notability app). It looks like it is pushing very hard to get those 400 plus pixels to perform. This was not seen in the 6 where everything was fluid and stutter-free. Now, it may be due to ios 8, but I could see a difference. I haven't be able to get either phone, but I am thinking that the 5.5 display will be really nice when the S version comes out next year. Just my 2 cents.

aiyaaabatt

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Yea I noticed this today too. Don't know exactly if I would call it stutter due to lag, but scrolling on the 6 was noticeably easier than on the 6+

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I haven't noticed stuttering when scrolling on the Plus, but it seems to be very slow to me, when you flick hard there is not enough acceleration or momentum being applied and it takes a long time to scroll long web pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.