Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

559iceman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
:mad: Finally got my iphone today after it being delayed till Monday. Now I think I know why. Received the box from The UPS store felt kinda light and it was moving around. I was thinking to myself what the hell is wrong with apple packaging the phone like this. Got Home open the box and DAMM no phone just the box ripped open and the charger. So pissed right now. Open a claim with Apple and UPS is sending someone over tomorrow to inspect the Package.

SUCKs to have first world problems:(

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
I just scheduled mine to be picked up at a nearby hub. Im going to open the package right there infront of them.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
i saw a box today that was the same as my phone came in.

was their not any damage on the box to tell that it had been broken into?

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
The serial number of the phone is tied to your support profile.

You might be able to trace it with Find My iPhone or at least deactivate it?

josher747

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
The box has tamper evident tape on it. Was it taped over? Otherwise I don't see how they could have gotten into it without destroying the box

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
The serial number of the phone is tied to your support profile.

You might be able to trace it with Find My iPhone or at least deactivate it?

Negative.
Find my iphone was never turned on or registered with his apple id.
And the serial doesn't help you at all besides if apple decides blacklisting it.
You cannot turn on find my iphone without first having the phone in your possession physically and entering your apple id and password.

Last edited:

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012
Please keep us updated. It will be very interesting to see how this turns out.

Nobody else would be able to activate the phone, would they??

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Negative.
Find my iphone was never turned on or registered with his apple id.
And the serial doesn't help you at all besides if apple decides blacklisting it.
You cannot turn on find my iphone without first having the phone in your possession physically and entering your apple id and password.

Damn people putting simple logic into the situation.

559iceman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
The box has tamper evident tape on it. Was it taped over? Otherwise I don't see how they could have gotten into it without destroying the box

the tamper tape hasn't been touch it had tape on the sides that opened really easy with a razor blade. And the iPhone box itself looked like it was just cut open with a box cutter and the phone and headphones lighting cable gone.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Report it to UPS, and then give a call to Apple so they'll investigate it on their end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.