Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyGerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
Ive had my plus for about 4 days now, I was applying screen protector and i noticed when it is on a flat surface it wobbles slightly. It will not lay flat.

Ive tried other surfaces and same result. I placed my 5s on the same surfaces and it sits solid.

If you hold the phone vertical, you can slightly see it bent.

Ive had the Apple Leather case on it since Ive owned the phone.

How should I respond to this? Thank you.

muggerfugger

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Kansas, USA
When you say you were applying the screen protector, it makes me think that you had it on its back. It'll wobble due to the protruding camera.

Or did you lay it on its face and do it?

rdrr

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2003
NH
Ignore it, and pretend it didn't happen. Then come on here and deny it could possibly happen.

Bobo03

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
Ive had my plus for about 4 days now, I was applying screen protector and i noticed when it is on a flat surface it wobbles slightly. It will not lay flat.

Ive tried other surfaces and same result. I placed my 5s on the same surfaces and it sits solid.

If you hold the phone vertical, you can slightly see it bent.

Ive had the Apple Leather case on it since Ive owned the phone.

How should I respond to this? Thank you.

Take it to Apple, get a holster or fanny pack.

OnlyGerman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2010
When you say you were applying the screen protector, it makes me think that you had it on its back. It'll wobble due to the protruding camera.

Or did you lay it on its face and do it?

I was applying both screen and rear films. It happens when its screen is down which scares me...

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Does it even look bent? or are you being overly paranoid?

The surface your phone is laying on may be causing the slight wobble.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
You've had it for four days? If so, I would definitely take it to an Apple Store.

Now, we've all heard that people are being turned away for bending, but it can't hurt to go in.
My main advice if you do, just be cool, man. Be cool.

TRC-WA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
Apple leather cases? LOL

Doesn't protect against drops and doesn't protect against pressure being applied against thin aluminum... A metal which is known to bend when stressed.

bugelrex

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
More info on how you carry it. So many ppl claim the phone cannot be bent unless you are intentionally bending it or keeping in back pocket.

For 4 days, your credit card should cover any repairs if you can't return it.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Apple leather cases? LOL

Doesn't protect against drops and doesn't protect against pressure being applied against thin aluminum... A metal which is known to bend when stressed.

Yes, it does protect against drops. Not every imaginable drop, but it does protect against drops.

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
Got pics the bend? :confused:

Take it to Apple to get it replaced if it bothers you. It would bother me. Just like when the iPhone 5 came out and people were trying to downplay the scuffs and telling people to deal with it and not being an issue, yet there were users with huge gashes on their phone.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
Honestly, pics or no pics, if exists, again, take it to an Apple Store.

Like I said, don't walk in there with a giant chip on your shoulder about it. Just be cool. Be adamant, but be cool.

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
If you are within your return period, does it really matter the reason why? Should be able to return or exchange for any reason without a hassle about it..

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
And your reason for saying this is....?

My reasoning is that we've seen a couple "bent out of the box" phones before. Each was the same situation. Very slight deformation. Both were replaced by Apple no questions asked. I'm inclined to think this is an example of the same thing. He probably just didn't notice it until now.

TRC-WA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
So many ppl claim the phone cannot be bent unless you are intentionally bending it or keeping in back pocket.

I'd be one of those people.

I've had my phone almost a week... In a Ballistic case, in my front pocket, in my back pocket... walking around... phone isn't bent.

The one thing I haven't done is sit on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.