Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Monoprice just sent out a promo that includes their certified 6’ Lightning cables. The minimum order is $25, but shipping is free and with IPHONE15 you get 15% off.

So two in black or white for $21.52 to your door, that’s $10.76/ea. I’ve got a couple of the 3’ ones, very nice, well built, and if you have issues, Monoprice has outstanding customer service.

The _only_ thing I’ve heard negative about these (and the Amazon Basics product), is the housing around the Lightning end is a little larger than the OEM cable, so if your device is using a case with a small cutout for the port, they might not work.

(FYI, the 6’ also come in blue, yellow, pink and green for $0.64 more)

Link to the 6’ cables:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=10377

... and a link to the whole promo page :)

http://www.monoprice.com/pages/ipho...tober_banner&utm_campaign=1401007_q4_iphone15

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
good stuff. I bought my wife one last year when she got her 5s. it was replaced once under warranty (I hardly had to try) and it works perfectly.

----------

also, from last years model to the current one we got (about 2 weeks ago). the lightning plug and usb plus is a lot smaller (less plastic surround) than previous model. so it may fit cases a little better

D.T.

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
good stuff. I bought my wife one last year when she got her 5s. it was replaced once under warranty (I hardly had to try) and it works perfectly.

----------

also, from last years model to the current one we got (about 2 weeks ago). the lightning plug and usb plus is a lot smaller (less plastic surround) than previous model. so it may fit cases a little better

Yeah, I’ve been using Monoprice for years, and only had a couple of return: once because it wasn’t working with my setup (HDMI switcher) and the other time it was a bad HDMI cable that was a few months olds (the latter, they just sent me a new one, didn’t even need to return the faulty one)!

That’s good to know about the size reduction of the connector, because some of the issues were from older reviews, and likely the larger version.

:cool:

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Yeah, I’ve been using Monoprice for years, and only had a couple of return: once because it wasn’t working with my setup (HDMI switcher) and the other time it was a bad HDMI cable that was a few months olds (the latter, they just sent me a new one, didn’t even need to return the faulty one)!

That’s good to know about the size reduction of the connector, because some of the issues were from older reviews, and likely the larger version.

:cool:

same here. I've been using their HDMI cables for years now. I've had 2 go bad over the years out of the wrapper (never while in use) and they sent one in the mail to me the same day. I never had to return the bad ones back either. I've sold my parents on buying their HDMI cables from monoprice along with my in-laws. I still have the old 6' lightning cable that was replaced by monoprice. Some heat sink will keep it in tack and work but I thought i'd give it a try to see if it can get replaced under warranty. it took no effort via help chat with them and I got a new one within a couple of days.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
crap, waited too long to order. Now i'm stuck with black color only...wack

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.