Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bonifant

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2014
Since updating my Macbook Pro Retina (August 2014) to Os Yosemite I experience some small problems. At first my whole Itunes library was gone, I did a re-install of Os yosemite and imported my itunes library but I still experience some small issues. When I restart my computer I got the following screen with my username and all other letters replaced by icons.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1818.JPG
    IMG_1818.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 189

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
First backup.

Then if you can use something to reliably check the integrity of the physical disk(s) – Disk Utility lacks what's required – make that your second task.

The safe boot suggestion is good, but something about the screenshot, when viewed alongside other symptoms, makes me suspect corruption of data. If so, that corruption may be symptomatic of a problem with the drive.

If you're not inclined to dig deep for an explanation, you can simply backup all data from the drive then use Disk Utility in Recovery OS to erase (or whatever) in preparation for a clean installation of OS X.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Another user finding peculiarity at the (loginwindow) login screen array of users

Bonifant, you might like to take the problem(s) with iTunes to a separate topic. I now have less of a suspicion of corruption of data …

… installed Yosomite on a macbook pro and on the startup I'm getting X in a box under the icons where the words should be.

I was told by my IT that this was a missing font issue...

see screenshot

any suggestions??

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Helvetica Neue or not?

To any person whose Mac is affected: have you chosen something other than Helvetica Neue as the system font?

If so, what's your choice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.