Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acadiel

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2007
Hey all -

There's a thread over at Apple about some people that are having the same issue as me; a logout and log back into iCloud means that we can't add any credit cards to Apple Pay (and the previous ones are deleted when you log out of iCloud, so you must re add them). The relevant thread is here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6722536?start=30&tstart=0

I'm having this very issue with my VZW iPhone 6, and have an open case with Apple right now. They suggest just waiting a couple days; as none of my cards (I have almost five financial institutions that aren't working; so it's not just one bank having issues) that I previously had are able to be added any longer.

Anyone else having this issue? According to the Apple thread, restores, resets, etc, have not helped, and the only thing I saw in the thread that fixed it was a replacement device.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Deleting TouchID also deletes the cards in Apple Pay, obviously an intended security measure. However, it's strange it won't let you add back the cards. Keep us updated as to the remedy.

jgGIdoc

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2016
Any updates? i logged out of icloud... it deleted my credit cards... now I can't add back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.