Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JFazYankees

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Just for a bit of background, I've planned to get the 42mm stainless steel Apple Watch with the link bracelet since the original announcement. I have fairly small wrists, so I've been concerned that it would still be too big after removing all of the easy-release links, which most of the images on Apple's site show four of on each side for the 42mm and three of on each side for the 38mm.

I stumbled across a video on YouTube showcasing the 42mm watch's link bracelet in depth, and I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a fifth removable link. After slowing down the video and using VLC's scene filter to capture frames, it turns out that the link bracelet for the 42mm watch has at least 6 removable links on each side, which is great news for those with relatively small wrists looking at the bigger watch. For reference, here is the link for the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIavmZDwt1w

Here are two frames of the video that show more than four removable links (you have to look really close, but you can see what appear to be release buttons on two additional links past the four we knew prior):

HisGiPU.png

pIVnkFR.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.