Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
Well, people were just saying what made sense at the time.
I don't think I would have paid $400 for a 5 gb music player way back when.

And I still wouldn't have. Apple comes out with new ones all the time, making the one I would have bought obsolete.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Saw something similar on another old thread the other day with everyone moaning and groaning and saying who needs a colour screen, can't see the point etc. etc. Anyone fancy going back to a black and white screen?? As my Mum would say, there's no pleasing some folks!

Marky_Mark

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
UK
After G said:
Well, people were just saying what made sense at the time.
I don't think I would have paid $400 for a 5 gb music player way back when.

And in another five years, you'll be thinking, "I can't believe I spent 300 bucks on a 60GB iPod with such a small screen and lousy sound quality" as you walk the streets with your wireless-sync'd, full screen, HD-capable, virtual clickwheel 5TB iPod Video in your pocket and a pair of Dolby virtual-surround BT headphones on.

Well, won't you? ;)

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Some interesting foreshadowing happening as you read that thread. One of the first responders was quick with "I want video on this thing!" and someone else said "Apple should get into the highly profitable services industry" (e.g. iTMS).

Someone else said Apple wouldn't sell one single Mac with the iPod. I wonder if they're still around to eat their words...

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Yes, and probably the same people mark stories about new and exciting Apple products and media events as negative.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.