Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Several Apple Music subscribers this morning are experiencing issues when searching for new music in the Music app on iOS devices.

Many users are reporting that typing a search query into the Apple Music search bar fails to return results, while others are receiving results but seeing a blank screen when tapping the track or artist name for further information.

Apple-Music-search.jpg

Quitting the Music app does not solve the issue, nor does restarting the device, while iOS version does not seem to be a factor either.

The problem is trending on Twitter and in Apple Support Communities discussions, and is affecting users around the world, but appears to be restricted to iOS at this time, since Mac users are unable to replicate the issue in the iTunes desktop app.

The issue looks to be with Apple's servers and will likely be resolved when the service is corrected on their end.

Article Link: Apple Music Search Not Working for Some Subscribers

echelon5

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2015
I'm inventing new ways to access what I want in music, without using the search function!!
And I might have found a trillion bugs already!! Because the search was there to avoid these bugs, not to actually make search!

Reactions: navaira

keifer.street

Contributor
Jul 9, 2013
You can always use the superior service, Spotify, as an alternative. :-D

Better music discovery. 320 Kbps higher quality tracks. More intuitive UI. Free add supported tier. Family subscription support.

Literally the only con of Sporify vs. Apple Music is that it doesn't have Siri integration, but that's only because Apple holds the key to that castle and they aren't letting anyone in.

Reactions: Sandstorm

mocciat

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Northern California

Better music discovery. 320 Kbps higher quality tracks. More intuitive UI. Free add supported tier. Family subscription support.

Literally the only con of Sporify vs. Apple Music is that it doesn't have Siri integration, but that's only because Apple holds the key to that castle and they aren't letting anyone in.

Oh and the fact that Spotify is $24.99 a month for 4 users as opposed to $14.99. Big difference.

Reactions: Imemerald

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I'm experiencing this too and have all day but as a tip, use Siri. It worked for me just now.
[doublepost=1454333792][/doublepost]

Funny you should mention Siri integration. It's a good backup in this case. ;)

Reactions: orbital~debris

Mr. Donahue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014

Omg!!!!!!!! Siri doesn't work for **** for me lately. It's really bad!!!!!
She just keeps saying. Sorry I'm having trouble finding you music. Really?!

Reactions: orbital~debris

keifer.street

Contributor
Jul 9, 2013
Oh and the fact that Spotify is $24.99 a month for 4 users as opposed to $14.99. Big difference.
True. But as this article proves, you get what you pay for :)

There's also something to be said about more royalties going toward artists. 70% of Spotify's revenue goes to pay record labels and artists.
[doublepost=1454338091][/doublepost]
You get what you pay for.

100% Uptime with Spotify in my experience. :D
You beat me to it.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA

The best thing about Spotify vs Apple Music is that Spotify is its own distinct app, rather than trying to roll it all into one app. I like keeping my own music collection distinct and separate from my "rented" music.

Jyby

Suspended
May 31, 2011
Yeah this happened to me this morning!

Siri couldn't even find songs on Apple Music.

Siri play Mac Demarco... Sorry Jyby something went wrong...

I was enraged because I have no music on my phone and my commute is 30 minutes lol what a morning

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.