Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For the next four weeks, MacRumors is running a special giveaway event, which will see us highlighting and giving away high-quality luxury bags from manufacturers like Pad & Quill, Intrepid Bag Co, Whipping Post, and Saddleback Leather Company. We've got all of these bags on hand so we can give clear details on construction, quality, utility, and more.

For today's giveaway, we've partnered with Pad & Quill, a company that makes a whole line of luxury Apple accessories from cases to Apple Watch bands to leather bags. We'll be giving away the Luxury Briefcase in Galloper Black with Chestnut accents.

luxurybriefcase1-800x561.jpg

Pad & Quill's Luxury Briefcase, priced at $495, is a large bag (15 inches by 11 inches by 4.2 inches) with enough pockets to hold whatever you might need to carry on a day to day basis.

There are two outer pockets for holding papers or other small, flat accessories, along with a main interior pocket that can hold up to a 15-inch MacBook. The main pocket has several smaller pockets inside (two dividers with five pockets total), perfect for holding all kinds of accessories.

I was able to fit my MacBook Pro, Retina MacBook, iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPhone in the bag along with various sundries like a hairbrush, a water bottle, a battery pack, pencils, two notebooks, and more. It holds a lot. There's a full nickel zipper at the top and a flap that folds over and snaps, so the contents within the bag stay safe and protected while you're hauling it around. When full, this is not a light bag - it weighs in at three pounds by itself.

Made of a thick, durable full-grain American cowhide leather, the Luxury Briefcase is immaculately constructed with features like careful hand stitching, rigid but comfortable leather handles and a removable shoulder strap with a leather pad. Out of the box, the Luxury Briefcase is stiff and pristine, but with use, it'll loosen up and develop a unique, worn in look. The leather has been tanned so it's resistant to stains and water, and the interior is made from a durable pigskin that looks like it's going to hold up well to daily abuse.

Pad & Quill's bags are all handmade and it shows in their construction. This looks like a $500 bag, and it's nice enough to take to the office, but casual enough that it doesn't look out of place in a less formal setting.

luxurybriefcase2-800x561.jpg

One MacRumors reader will be able to win a Luxury Briefcase from Pad & Quill. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prize.

You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (August 26) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 2. The winner will be chosen randomly on September 2 and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Luxury Leather Briefcase From Pad & Quill

jwsmiths

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2006

For the next four weeks, MacRumors is running a special giveaway event, which will see us highlighting and giving away high-quality luxury bags from manufacturers like Pad & Quill, Intrepid Bag Co, Whipping Post, and Saddleback Leather Company. We've got all of these bags on hand so we can give clear details on construction, quality, utility, and more.

For today's giveaway, we've partnered with Pad & Quill, a company that makes a whole line of luxury Apple accessories from cases to Apple Watch bands to leather bags. We'll be giving away the Luxury Briefcase in Galloper Black with Chestnut accents.

luxurybriefcase1-800x561.jpg

Pad & Quill's Luxury Briefcase, priced at $495, is a large bag (15 inches by 11 inches by 4.2 inches) with enough pockets to hold whatever you might need to carry on a day to day basis.

There are two outer pockets for holding papers or other small, flat accessories, along with a main interior pocket that can hold up to a 15-inch MacBook. The main pocket has several smaller pockets inside (two dividers with five pockets total), perfect for holding all kinds of accessories.

I was able to fit my MacBook Pro, Retina MacBook, iPad Pro, iPad mini, iPhone in the bag along with various sundries like a hairbrush, a water bottle, a battery pack, pencils, two notebooks, and more. It holds a lot. There's a full nickel zipper at the top and a flap that folds over and snaps, so the contents within the bag stay safe and protected while you're hauling it around. When full, this is not a light bag - it weighs in at three pounds by itself.

Made of a thick, durable full-grain American cowhide leather, the Luxury Briefcase is immaculately constructed with features like careful hand stitching, rigid but comfortable leather handles and a removable shoulder strap with a leather pad. Out of the box, the Luxury Briefcase is stiff and pristine, but with use, it'll loosen up and develop a unique, worn in look. The leather has been tanned so it's resistant to stains and water, and the interior is made from a durable pigskin that looks like it's going to hold up well to daily abuse.

Pad & Quill's bags are all handmade and it shows in their construction. This looks like a $500 bag, and it's nice enough to take to the office, but casual enough that it doesn't look out of place in a less formal setting.

luxurybriefcase2-800x561.jpg

One MacRumors reader will be able to win a Luxury Briefcase from Pad & Quill. To enter to win, use the Rafflecopter widget below and enter an email address. Email addresses will be used solely for contact purposes to reach the winner and send the prize.

You can earn additional entries by subscribing to our weekly newsletter, subscribing to our YouTube channel, following us on Twitter, or visiting the MacRumors Facebook page.

Due to the complexities of international laws regarding giveaways, only U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older are eligible to enter. To offer feedback or get more information on the giveaway restrictions, please refer to our Site Feedback section, as that is where discussion of the rules will be redirected.

The contest will run from today (August 26) at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time through 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time on September 2. The winner will be chosen randomly on September 2 and will be contacted by email. The winner will have 48 hours to respond and provide a shipping address before a new winner is chosen.

Article Link: MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Luxury Leather Briefcase From Pad & Quill

Man I've been oogling one of these for a year now. I have the attaché case and love it but this briefcase looks amazing and beautiful.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Honest question: Do most people still use bags this big any more? I've got a bag that's about a third of this size. It can accommodate my iPad Air 2, a 4TB external RAID 0 hard drive which carries a backup of my Lightroom catalog, a 10,000mah Anker battery pack with some misc cables (Lightning, micro USB, Apple Watch), some cash and cards, headphones and a few other misc accessories such as Lightning adapters for SD cards and HDMI, and a mirrorless camera (currently I have an RX100 as my carry-around but I'm going to be getting a Sony mirrorless soon to replace my Canon dSLR). I guess if you have to carry around a ton of paper for work, but anymore everything is digital—even signing contracts.

Once or twice per year I'll look at these higher-end bag companies for a small bag like the one I have (link), and I never see any decent smaller bags that can hold an iPad and a little mirrorless camera with some accessories. Can anyone recommend anything good? I usually prefer black or gray bags, or a more muted brown if need be, preferably medium-dark to dark. It's ok if it's a little big bigger than the one I have, as I'll probably need room for an extra lens as I'm thinking about buying some brighter primes.

I just measured my bag: It's about 9" tall, 10.5" wide, and 3.5" deep.

jwsmiths

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2006
Honest question: Do most people still use bags this big any more? I've got a bag that's about a third of this size. It can accommodate my iPad Air 2, a 4TB external RAID 0 hard drive which carries a backup of my Lightroom catalog, a 10,000mah Anker battery pack with some misc cables (Lightning, micro USB, Apple Watch), some cash and cards, headphones and a few other misc accessories such as Lightning adapters for SD cards and HDMI, and a mirrorless camera (currently I have an RX100 as my carry-around but I'm going to be getting a Sony mirrorless soon to replace my Canon dSLR). I guess if you have to carry around a ton of paper for work, but anymore everything is digital—even signing contracts.

Once or twice per year I'll look at these higher-end bag companies for a small bag like the one I have (link), and I never see any decent smaller bags that can hold an iPad and a little mirrorless camera with some accessories. Can anyone recommend anything good? I usually prefer black or gray bags, or a more muted brown if need be, preferably medium-dark to dark. It's ok if it's a little big bigger than the one I have, as I'll probably need room for an extra lens as I'm thinking about buying some brighter primes.
I do. I take my rMBP, iPad, cables and paperwork to ferry between the hospital and my house every day so it's useful

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I do. I take my rMBP, iPad, cables and paperwork to ferry between the hospital and my house every day so it's useful
Yeah, I guess, but it seems pretty big even for a rMBP. I'm just so used to taking my iPad to meetings everywhere that I forget that people still carry laptops around. If I get a new laptop to replace my mid-2012 rMBP, I'd probably replace it with a 12" MacBook plus a 5K iMac. I just never carry it around because I love having such a small kit. And if I need to, I can dump photos to it, even RAW because LR Mobile supports RAW import now.

jwsmiths

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2006
Yeah, I guess, but it seems pretty big even for a rMBP. I'm just so used to taking my iPad to meetings everywhere that I forget that people still carry laptops around. If I get a new laptop to replace my mid-2012 rMBP, I'd probably replace it with a 12" MacBook plus a 5K iMac. I just never carry it around because I love having such a small kit. And if I need to, I can dump photos to it, even RAW because LR Mobile supports RAW import now.
Since I go from desk to desk I like the slightly bigger size and power of the rMBP and I use dragon for dicatating notes and it works better in transcription mode on the rMBP than it does in dictation mode on the iPad. The iPad is better for rounds though for sure.

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
I use the SaddleBackLeather thin briefcase as my daily carrier. It runs slightly more at $489.00 and carries a 100 year warranty.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,719
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 1,741
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
Who makes that one?

If you go to saddlebackleather.com that's where you'll be able to find their products. I also use their backpack too. This one I picked up for $589.00.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

[doublepost=1472296754][/doublepost]They also make them in a variety of colors too. Check out their site you may find something you like.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

ronntaylor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
Something this massive would probably only be used once, maybe twice a year. I love backpacks after not using them for perhaps a dozen years. Of course, I wouldn't mind this if I won it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, I have a Saddleback briefcase (the classic in a medium size), and I use it for my iPod, B&W earphones, my 11" MBA, the various plugs and other peripherals of these things, some notebooks (things you write in), spare ink cartridges for my fountain pens, business cards, and so on.

Now, I don't use it all the time - at home, I use a more stylish briefcase, one not quite as heavy, - but, when working abroad, I have to say I find it superb.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Mind you, until I read this thread, I had never heard of Pad & Quill.

What can I say?

Very little except that I hope whoever won it derives considerable enjoyment from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.