Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has quietly updated the radio section of Apple Music and iTunes with a few new pieces of artwork for stations like "Pop Workout," "Dance," and "Classical." The new art can be seen within the radio tab of the Music app on iOS and iTunes on OS X.

apple-music-radio-artwork-800x442.jpg

Apple is expected to touch upon software updates coming to its mobile and desktop operating systems at its iPhone-centric event next Wednesday, September 7. These will include iOS 10 and macOS Sierra, both expected to launch alongside the so-called iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus later this month with an all-new and revamped Apple Music app.

(Thanks, Manny!)

Article Link: Apple Music Gets New Radio Station Artwork

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
When could you be able to sort by Genre in the Top Charts section?

It was definitely missing at one point because I often look at the top charts for Dance but couldn't in iOS 10 beta.

Attachments

• IMG_1443.PNG
    IMG_1443.PNG
    367.5 KB · Views: 179

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Still ugly. Still a cluttered, non-intuitive mess. Fix it or I'll forever be a Spotify subscriber.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
Yawn..... Blow up iTunes and create a totally different, less bloated version please. thanks.

Be careful whenever you suggest to Apple to "blow up" iTunes. They might just think you're suggesting they blow up (i.e. enlarge) the font size and album art size to be even larger than it already is in the upcoming iTunes 12.5.

wowsaab

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2015
Wish they would bring back the fine tuning Radio features such as 'hits' 'variety' and 'discovery' and other features that pandora has had forever, like combining stations. As it is now, the main artist/song you choose is very overplayed. I feel like they are neglecting the radio side of Apple Music, despite this artwork update. Not everyone likes the incessant chatting on Beats One.

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Would love to see an official Coffeehouse Radio station or official Apple Music Coffeehouse playlist with hundreds of songs. Spotify's coffeehouse playlist has 1.8 million followers and Starbucks Coffeehouse playlist has 38k and growing. I've searched and searched for a good Apple Music option, and I find small 25 song or smaller curator similar options.

I ended up creating my own, but sure would like Apple music expert's or Starbucks curators to create a huge Apple Music Coffeehouse Radio station or playlist. Add to my AM wishlist

Reactions: orbital~debris

princessgleek

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2015
Old artwork in uk at least on PC, in fact can barely access any any of the stations on pc.
[doublepost=1472855187][/doublepost]
When could you be able to sort by Genre in the Top Charts section?

It was definitely missing at one point because I often look at the top charts for Dance but couldn't in iOS 10 beta.
Not using BETA but I have always been access all the genre charts on Iphone but for quite a while now I can't access any of the genre charts on IPAD

Lord of the Pies

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2016
South Africa
The Radio tab in my Apple Music become terrible recently. It used to have some recently played and featured playlists below Beats 1, and then all the radio stations in a multi-column list view below that. But now that list has disappeared, and I can't access those stations. I really miss the classical station, and if I don't keep playing the alternative one to keep it in my recently played section I'll lose that too.

What you see below is my entire radio tab view. There is nothing below the featured stations. What's going on?!

29333694451_b3aa88ac19_o.jpg

Cancelled
May 21, 2009
Curious: It used to list all the radio stations on that tab, now it only lists Featured and Recent. Meanwhile, on my iOS devices, they list all the radio stations. Should I assume Apple wants us to do a search for various radio stations, rather than clicking on said station under the Radio tab?

Sill

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2014
The previous tabs had sort of a minimalist aesthetic, and it was easy for me to tell the stations apart at a glance. Now most of the tabs all have a generic K-Tel look to them:

iu

Reactions: Vanilla35

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Be careful whenever you suggest to Apple to "blow up" iTunes. They might just think you're suggesting they blow up (i.e. enlarge) the font size and album art size to be even larger than it already is in the upcoming iTunes 12.5.
Be less ambiguous.
Although most of us believe the "blown up" is feature and functionality, not font size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.