Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier today, a few users on Reddit in countries outside of the United States noticed that the Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones have been made available to order from Apple.com, outlining arrival windows of as early as next week for users in the areas, and subsequently they have also gone live on the U.S. store.

The U.S. store currently shows delivery estimates of November 1-3, while the United Kingdom and France currently sit at November 2-9 on Apple's website and Australia is a few days later on November 4-8. Otherwise most countries, including Germany, Spain, Italy, and Sweden, all mention vague 1-2 week shipping estimates that fall within the window of the dates for other countries, without being specific.

powerbeats3-aus-2.jpg
Apple.com in Australia depicting a delivery window of November 4-8

When the new headphones were announced at Apple's September 7 iPhone event, the company mentioned that the Powerbeats3 and BeatsX would be coming sometime later in the year but didn't say when. The Powerbeats3 also appear to be featured prominently in next week's Target circular, supporting a wide online and retail rollout is imminent in the United States beyond Apple's own sales.

For the BeatsX earphones, most versions of Apple.com still say "coming this fall," while Apple's upcoming AirPods are listed as "available late October" for every country.

(Thanks, Sai!)

Update: This article has been updated to note that Apple has begun taking orders in the United States.

Article Link: Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones Now Available From Apple With Early November Delivery

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
I'm assuming that the AirPods release this coming Thursday along with the new MacBooks, because they removed the headphone jack too. :D

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I have the Powerbeats 2 headphones, generally like them but had one issue. The connection from the speaker to the earpiece hook broke even after being very careful with them. I took them to the Apple Store to find it costs the same to repair as it costs to buy new. I took the route of super glue to put them back together. They work fine today but I would like to see something change in the design to make the connection point more robust or an offer that does a better job to cover breakage. You can see by the like new condition of my pair I take care of them but they have a weak point that you need to care for. I don't discourage purchasing them, I just caution everyone to be careful and only buy if you can afford to have them fail in less time than expected.

addictive

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2008
I have the Powerbeats 2 headphones, generally like them but had one issue. The connection from the speaker to the earpiece hook broke even after being very careful with them. I took them to the Apple Store to find it costs the same to repair as it costs to buy new. I took the route of super glue to put them back together. They work fine today but I would like to see something change in the design to make the connection point more robust or an offer that does a better job to cover breakage. You can see by the like new condition of my pair I take care of them but they have a weak point that you need to care for. I don't discourage purchasing them, I just caution everyone to be careful and only buy if you can afford to have them fail in less time than expected.

How long did you have them for before they broke? Should the warranty not have covered it?

Reactions: orbital~debris

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have the previous version of the PowerBeats, and they're the best I could find for working out, cycling and running. I tried others like the Jawbone, and standard Apple ear buds, but they didn't stay in my ear after sweating.

Also, when I'm outside, I want to be able to hear the outside noise in addition to my music, so I don't end up a statistic on the highway not being able to hear a car horn or something else. So, these work fine for that. Sound is not as great, but that's to be expected when you have these requirements. My main requirement was for them to stay on my ear, and they work fine.

I haven't had an issue with them for the past 1 1/2 years that I've had them. Never broke.

I have an over-the-ear Bose noise-cancelling when I'm at my desk at work.

Fall Under Cerulean Kites

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
Trying to decide if I want these or AirPods. I want them for running, but really like the AirPods functionaly, plus the ability to use only one at a time. I don’t want noise isolation while running on the streets. Too bad AirPods aren’t really designed for fitness in mind. (waterproof, more secure in ears, etc.)

djnigelchung

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2015
Silicon Valley
Have the powerbeats 2.. satisfied customer

I would upgrade if this has a significant battery improvement. Not that I have a problem with 4-6 hours of use, I just don't want to charge as much haha. 10ish hours would be nice

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Have the powerbeats 2.. satisfied customer

I would upgrade if this has a significant battery improvement. Not that I have a problem with 4-6 hours of use, I just don't want to charge as much haha. 10ish hours would be nice

I use them for working out 90 minutes a day - they last all week. I just charge them at work on Monday mornings and I'm fine.

davidmt

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2006
259.95, wow!
I'm on my 3rd set of Wireless 2's - one pair just stopped working and the left side went out on the 2nd. I take very good care of my electronics but I've found these to pretty poor quality. At least Apple has been great in swapping them out, although my one year warranty will be up soon.

Having wireless earbuds for the gym has been great though, definitely dont miss the wire.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I wonder if Apple will eventually drop the beats name. They did to the app when they renamed it Apple Music. and given the earpods and airpods, there is a bit of overlap. I would hope they rename all to Apple.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Very strange that these alone (not even the BeatsX) have gone on sale today with delayed shipping times. Seems like they should have just been announced on Thursday with everything else.

psac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2009
I wonder if Apple will eventually drop the beats name. They did to the app when they renamed it Apple Music. and given the earpods and airpods, there is a bit of overlap. I would hope they rename all to Apple.

Beats still has tremendous value in the headphone market as a brand. It wouldn't be smart for them to remove that brand. It doesn't mean they won't though. :) In a music app, the name value isn't necessarily the same.

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
Powerbeats 3 is a water resistant! :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 4.51.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 4.51.21 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 191

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Yes! One step closer to moving to the 7+. I've been waiting for these to be available so I can get a pair of earbuds that utilize the W chip and won't easily fallout like the Air Pods.

Now I just need some fashion houses to get the 7+ cases out there (looking at you Fendi).

rizzo41999

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2009
MA
Beats are the most overpriced garbage I've ever seen. I'm happy for people who like them, but I got a pair to try and returned them. Trash.

Reactions: addicted44

Yaxchian

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
Are the powerbeats "on-ear" or "in-ear"?
Powerbeats are looking to big to be in-ears.
I use inears from shure SE420 and westone um30 and I really like them, but they are wired... Looking for an alternative.
What about aptx? I use Spotify on my iPhone. I don't understand, how aptx is implemented. Will I have a poor sound quality using BT?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.