Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Each week, Apple chooses an "App of the Week" to highlight in the App Store, making it free to download for seven days. This week's pick is a fitness app called Streaks Workout, which is normally priced at $2.99.

Streaks Workout was first launched in December of 2015 and has never before been free to download.

streaksworkoutapp-800x469.jpg

Described as a "personal trainer that you actually want to use," Streaks Workout is designed to offer up exercises that require no equipment and can be done anywhere. As described by Apple's App Store editors:
Sometimes we get so intimidated by complex exercise plans that we just give up and seek solace in the snack cupboard. Streaks Workout, like its to-do list sibling, eases us in by breaking down workouts into fun, easy-to-tackle chunks. In as little as six minutes--or more if we're feeling ambitious--we've done our daily exercise and charted our progress. Why didn't anyone tell us it could be this simple?
The app features 18 exercises to choose from and four different workout lengths (6, 12, 18, and 30 minutes). There's a built-in timer, exercise demonstrations, and statistics that can be tracked over time. All workouts are also uploaded to Apple's Health app.

Streaks Workout is available for the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Apple TV.

Streaks Workout can be downloaded for free for the next seven days, and after that, a new App of the Week will be chosen. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Fitness App 'Streaks Workout' Available for Free as Apple's App of the Week

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Woohoo! I almost bought it last week because I’ve been using the Streaks app and liking it. I wanted to try the AppleTV version and build it into my morning workout routine. Free is good. I’ll give it a try.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Just curious.....when there's a free app of the week, does Apple still pay the developer for the downloads as they normally would, or is it a promo agreed upon by Apple and the developer to be completely free for the week?

ksmolka

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2013
Just curious.....when there's a free app of the week, does Apple still pay the developer for the downloads as they normally would, or is it a promo agreed upon by Apple and the developer to be completely free for the week?

Developers don't get paid during free app of the week promotions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.