Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its investor relations page to announce that it will share its earnings results for the third fiscal quarter (second calendar quarter) of 2018 on Tuesday, July 31.

The earnings release will provide a look at continued sales of the iPhone X, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus, along with data on how well the new low-cost 9.7-inch iPad is doing.

appleearningsq32018-800x599.jpg

Apple's guidance for the third fiscal quarter includes expected revenue of $51.5 to $53.5 billion and gross margin between 38 and 38.5 percent. Based on those guidance numbers, Apple will beat its Q3 2017 earnings results.

Apple's quarterly earnings statement will be released at 1:30 p.m. Pacific/4:30 p.m. Eastern, with a conference call to discuss the report taking place at 2:00 p.m. Pacific/5:00 p.m. Eastern. MacRumors will provide coverage of both the earnings release and conference call on July 31.

Article Link: Apple to Announce Third Quarter 2018 Earnings Results on July 31

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Can someone ask Tim about new iMacs before I consider buying a 2017?!!
I'll be buying a 2017 MBA if a new one isn't announced this fall. Seriously. The design is so much better than current things. I still use my 2012 MBA even though I have a 2017 MBP (w/ TouchBar). Love my iPhone, but the Macs have become worse every year. IMO

TimmeyCook

Suspended
Jun 20, 2018
I love Apple’s earning days.

Those days where Apple proves the “poundits” in the media, the WallSt. ANALysts and general Apple haters are WRONG.

Specially fake news Nikkei.

Predictable Cook....

"More iPhones. Less Macs. Profits up. We're not going to tell you about Watch, or Beats sales. Please enjoy our bizarre reason the Homepod is considered a success. Also, don't ask about the AirPower. Now watch as our stock price SOARS!"
Yes, predictable Cook, keeping the biggest company in the world by market capitalizon that way for almost a decade, the good “predictable” in my book.

And in the rear view mirror, there was Microsoft for a while, then there was Google for a long while, and now it’s Amazon in the rear view mirror with a comfortable distance to the company that The Verge and all were saying that’s going to dominate in the next 10 year or so...

And contrary to the "other ones": Microsoft, Google and Amazon, specially Amazon, they didn't do it with speculation, they aren't a bubble, they don't have astronomical P/Es, it's not a "promising company", it's a "delivering it right here, right now company".

All that without updating the Mac mini, imagine if they updated the Mac mini.

Last edited:

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Apple’s forward guidance is always spot on because they already have a months worth of sales data for the next quarter when they announce the forward guidance.

HowieIsaacks

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2013
Addison, TX
The Macs in the announcement photo are running El Capitan. That's not necessarily a problem. I just think that it's interesting that Apple did not have them pictured running High Sierra.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Yay!! Possible new MacBook/Pro announcements right after!! :p

You know right?!!!

Can someone ask Tim about new iMacs before I consider buying a 2017?!!

Dude you iMac fans got a new iMac back in December the iMac pro. Let us MBP users get a fully decent upgrade first.

Hope you bought the right stock. The ticker symbol APPL was for a shipping company that is now bankrupt and delisted.

Apple Nasdaq
https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/AAPL:US

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
LOL. Typos never end. :)

Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on you. Not the intention. I've seen AAPL referred to as APPL quite a bit over the years. Looking up that symbol way back when is the only reason I know APPL was the ticker for another company. Applied Shipping, or something like that. Now deceased.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on you. Not the intention. I've seen AAPL referred to as APPL quite a bit over the years. Looking up that symbol way back when is the only reason I know APPL was the ticker for another company. Applied Shipping, or something like that. Now deceased.
No problem at all. Would really be bad to get others confused. For a fun sequence of letters, my company is ABCD, which is Cambium Learning. At least the ABCD is easy to remember.

Reactions: IJ Reilly
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.