Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple this evening shared a behind the scenes look on how the world behind one of its new Apple TV+ shows, "See," was created.

"See" is one of the Apple TV+ launch shows, starring Jason Momoa and Alfre Woodard. It features a postapocalyptic setting where much of the world has been wiped out by a virus, and the survivors are all blind.

Enough time has passed that sight has become a myth, and it is forbidden to speak of, though two children are born with the capability.

The video features Francis Lawrence, who directed the series, talking about how the buildings and environments in "See" were constructed. The "See" crew had a team of advisors who are blind providing instruction on everything from how buildings would be built to how people would live and interact.

Apple TV+ is available for $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year, but Apple has also made it available for free to everyone who purchased an Apple TV, Mac, iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad after September 10, 2019.

Article Link: Apple Shares Featurette on the Creation of Apple TV+ Show 'See'

Reactions: 15ngcs1

DevNull0

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2015
Honestly, this show is fantastic! Say what you want, but I think the attention to detail is more that any of us realize.

I wish they'd paid a little attention to the detail that a group of blind humans own their own in the wild is nothing more than food for the predator species. A more honest name for the series would have been "Prey", or maybe just "Snack Time". I can't suspend that disbelief enough to take this show seriously enough to watch.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
I wish they'd paid a little attention to the detail that a group of blind humans own their own in the wild is nothing more than food for the predator species. A more honest name for the series would have been "Prey", or maybe just "Snack Time". I can't suspend that disbelief enough to take this show seriously enough to watch.
I only watched it for Jason mamoa and the fact that it’s a new original concept but yes. Through out every single episode I was turning over to my wife like “but how would they even? That doesn’t make sense. They’re blind!” About a billion different times. Even when you suspend disbelief, it’s a hard concept.
But after the second episode it got pretty interesting. The idea of the kids being grown up and they are the only ones that can see in a society that is totally blind was really cool. I appreciate it for its originality

Reactions: Ar40 and 15ngcs1

JamieLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2016
I just watched on youtube a blind man with a walking stick walk right inbetween two train cars mistaken for the door. How are you going to make me believe these blind folks can travel off a mountain and fight better than people with 20/20 vision.

If you are blind there are better things to do then attack one another because wtf is the point? There ain't a damn thing in the world worth fighting for when you can't see anything! I like how a blind person can ride a horse!

gruntersdad

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
I wish they would tell me why a virus that killed all but 3 million people also destroyed all of the infrastructure . No buildings , roads, bridges.....how did the virus wipe those things out.

JamieLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2016
I wish they would tell me why a virus that killed all but 3 million people also destroyed all of the infrastructure . No buildings , roads, bridges.....how did the virus wipe those things out.

The real question is where are all the eastern Asians? I guess only white people survived and one black person Isn’t blind.

The entire story is stupid.

netdoc66

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
New Jersey
There's a blind Black kid that can 'see' by listening to the clicks he makes. He knows when he is close to objects by listening to the click's reflection. I wish they would have incorporated something like this into the show. It would make this whole premise more realistic as I can't see how these people could function.

I do enjoy watching the Queen prey.

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
I couldn’t get further than a third of the way through the second episode. Found it overwhelmingly boring and pretentious and just plain dumb.
Your taste is simply too highbrow for any kind of mainstream content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.