Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Sorry this is late but I haven't been around and I guess no-one picked up the slack. Suggestions for Assignment 9 should go here... Ideas by Wednesday evening - vote by Saturday and we shouldn't end up too far behind.

Patterns/Rhythm goes in automatically as the runner-up from last month's poll. Other ideas are most welcome but remember - keep them simple! And avoid any others from the Assignment 8 poll!

The previous assignments list (with links to the polls and threads) so you can what we've already had is below.

Previous Assignments
Assignment 1 - Holiday Preparation (multiple threads)
Assignment 2 - Cold
Assignment 3 - Nature in Unexpected Places
Assignment 4 - Insanity of Humanity or Metal
Assignment 5 - Water
Assignment 6 - Contrasts
Assignment 7 - Yellow
Assignment 8 - Buildings/Urban

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
struggle / striving

themes inspired by the news:

conditioned, unreasonable fear of remote or just plain imagined danger

nut cases posing as the voices of reason

mind control

disinformation

ejb190

macrumors 65816
Hiding

A few other ideas I am putting down here so I don't forget them:
90 degree angles
door knobs
order vs. chaos
rain/water

I have wanted to participate for a while. Now that work is slowing down and the wedding is over (got married this weekend) things will get back to "normal".

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I like hiding. Or bleek.

That's something broad, could be a lot of things. Like someone looking rather sad, or just a artistically out of focus shot, or a tree that's dying or... anything really. Whatever best represents the word.:D

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
ejb190 said:
Hiding

A few other ideas I am putting down here so I don't forget them:
90 degree angles
door knobs
order vs. chaos
rain/water

I have wanted to participate for a while. Now that work is slowing down and the wedding is over (got married this weekend) things will get back to "normal".
You just got married and think things are going to get back to "normal". Hah!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
First,my I suggest that assignments be decided upon by the 1st of each month?

In regards to suggestions for this month.

I think that Urban Geometry might be challenging enough. Here are a couple of my past shots that might fit.

Attachments

• P1000228_web2.jpg
    P1000228_web2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 150
  • P1000316-1a.jpg
    P1000316-1a.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 157
  • P1000320-1a.jpg
    P1000320-1a.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 152

Arciel

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2006
New Zealand
Here's some woolly thinking from Arciel:

Edges.
The edge between night and day, the spindly fence between the top of the cliff and omg-SPLAT, the line in the sand.
I'd explain further, but that'd stop you thinking about it. xD

We'll be back after the break with fuzzy logic.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Chip NoVaMac said:
First,my I suggest that assignments be decided upon by the 1st of each month?

We've been doing pretty well until this month when I wasn't around unexpectedly. I'll see what I can do on getting at least the suggestions earlier as a halfway house? But don't want to end up doing 3-4 weeks ahead since I think that's more confusing and time consuming.

Anyhow... the poll thread is now up. We'll take the winner as on Monday morning UK time.

There are suggestions for 90 degree angles, shapes and urban geometry so I've just put one in for geometry as a whole with the assumption that it would be distinct shapes as opposed to the patterns/rhythm that already in there.

serpent

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2006
I have come up with an assignment which can incorperate everything thats been suggested..............Silhouettes!

Serpent

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.