Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tag-you're-it

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Hi

This is a survey for my dissertation on viral marketing.The answers to your questions will be used to develop a better understanding of online social interaction, habits, and forwarding behaviour in terms of digital media. Any time you pass on a link or post content that you haven’t made yourself is an instance of forwarding.

The survey is totally confidential, non-commercial, and for academic research purposes only. I'd be happy to share the finished study with any interested parties. Just click on the link, or cut and paste, and you’ll be taken to the online survey. After you’ve finished click “done” and you’ll be taken to the google search page.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=890402859861

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. I'm also happy to forward copies of the finished dissertation to any interested parties. Thanks!

Ranjana

PS. Please forward the link to anyone you feel might want to participate. Also, thanks to mac rumours admin (see thread in feedback) for letting me post the survey!

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
Done it.

Note tho: It's longgggggggg. Took me the best partt of 15 minutes. Also, is it just me or do the questions repeat themselves about 3 times? The word funny was replaced by amusing and the question was the same?... I don't know... Done it for you anyway.

tag-you're-it

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Apologies for it getting hard going towards the end there everyone. Its' the only way to try and get valid measures of attitude.

Thanks for the effort tho! I'll post a short debrief next week to explain everything more fully. But feel free to post up more questions/suggestions.

Thanks!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Erm... I finished your survey, but...

Its' the only way to try and get valid measures of attitude.

Who helped you with psychometrics / statistics? If you're interested in validity, you should not be allowing multiple disjoint entries on Likert or Likert-esque scales. You should only allow one response on those items. It also may be valuable to look into the rash of recent publications of factor studies on instruments that have reverse coded items. I mean I agree with that concept in general, or at least have in the past, but... people are increasingly publishing two-factor solutions when one-factor models were sought in design, because the reverse coded items all load separately... and the two factors don't correlate that, that highly.... it's a problem if you're not careful.

Also if you're interested in validity, either use more Internationalized English or at least measure more of the demographics of respondents. I understood what you were saying but in places it took some parsing -- for instance, when you use "texts" as an option in several items... I think I know what you mean, but in the US, when young people use "texts," they almost always mean SMS. And older people in the US do not say "texts" period. And in other places even taking into account that you are using Indian English... your grammar and/or spelling are just plain wrong.

Sorry... good luck in any event with your survey. I think you're researching an interesting topic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.