Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
Hi,

I'm trying to transfer clips from a VHS to my power mac via a sony DCR-HC24 camcorder. Does anyone know if I can do this using a scart socket converter or can I only use the iLink cable? As my VCR does not have this function on it.

Thanks

tehybrid

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2006
heh ilink. Your best bet is to use the firewire/ilink option on the camera, otherwise you will probally need some special equipment to hook up the vcr to the mac and import it.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
You should be able to use iLink (FireWire) between the camcorder and the computer, and a/v cables between the VCR and the camcorder. I believe this model is very similar to mine, and I have done that. However, you have to set analog pass-though in the menu (somewhere, but it wasn't very obvious) and remove the moniDV tape from the camcorder. Then turn everything on, start up iMovie, and you should be able to see the output from the VCR. You can't, however, control it from iMovie, but have to control the VCR manually. Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.