Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjb41083

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
I have an old G3 that I'm looking to hook up to a KVM switch and use the 20 inch iMac as the monitor.

Is this possible? Yet?

Any and all help appreciated,

Matt

mufflon

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2006
clickety to synergy

this might possibly work, although I don't know if you can project one comp to the other (really more "control the other comp from another comp").. .. another alternative is to use VNC (and connect with chicken of VNC), but this is pretty slow.

If you know how to hardware mod you might be able to open up the ipod and make hardware configurations, but I doubt it'l be easy =(

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
And... <drumroll> ... has been asked and answered here approximately 20 times. Although the Search feature does take some getting used to, it is well to try a Search before posting a new question, coz it might not be that fresh, after all...

Welcome to MR. We don't bite, really. Well not much. Except Mad Jew, he pinches. :)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If you read my rule book carefully, I don't pinch members with my initials in their username. It's in one of the subclaws.

*Goes for another coffee break*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.