Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Apple now has an NZ website here, complete with online store. No sign of iTunes yet, but hopefully it's coming :)

Edit: There's a banner advertising iTunes on the site, but it doesn't seem to link to it. It's also not listed in the country dropdown. I suspect that this is a "placeholder" site ready for an announcement later today.

Edit 2: Songs are $1.79 each, or $17.99 for an album. Games are $7.99.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Yes iTS is there too...however I don't think we can actually sign up as yet, NZ hasn't appeared in the list.

Have the prices changed on Apple products?

simX

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
The announcement will be tomorrow. I have two RSS entries in my feed aggregator, one from Apple Hot News and one from Apple Press Releases. Both redirect to the URL http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/dec/06itunes.html , which doesn't actually exist yet (UPDATE: err now it does). Given the number "06" right before "itunes.html", it looks like Apple will officially open it tomorrow. (This matches up with the URLs of other press releases.)

The Hot News item summary says:

Apple today launched the iTunes Store in New Zealand, giving New Zealanders access to outstanding local music and the same innovative features, breakthrough pricing and seamless integration with iPod that have made iTunes the most popular music jukebox and online music store in the world. Apple today also opened the online Apple Store New Zealand, where customers can quickly and conveniently purchase Apple’s complete lineup of innovative products.

lduncan

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
ChCh New Zealand
The announcement will be tomorrow. .. Given the number "06" right before "itunes.html", it looks like Apple will officially open it tomorrow. (This matches up with the URLs of other press releases.)

Tomorrow in the States is the same as today in NZ ;)

Layton

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.