Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
You do understand that the iPhone is not a shipping product, don't you?

Im sorry. Let me rephrase my question.

When the iPhone ships in June, is it possible that the iPhone, which I will purchase in June, will have the capability to access my iDisk account when I want to view a file that is stored on there?

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005

When the iPhone ships in June, is it possible that the iPhone, which I will purchase in June, will have the capability to access my iDisk account when I want to view a file that is stored on there?
If it doesn't have OS-level integration, you can at least access it on the web, right? I'm not familiar with .Mac, but I think you can access your iDisk from the web, right?

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Why would you want to access iDisk? Remember, the iPhone is not 3G but EDGE. Dont plan on streaming anything, downloading big files and such if it could.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
For PDF files and such this would be a really good idea. Having a folder on your .Mac called "iPhone" or something... interesting idea. Also having the phone sync with this folder and all your other .Mac settings when on a wifi connection would be nice.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
It should work, albeit slowly. I just looked at my idisk.mac.com page, and it uses javascript extensively, but that shouldn't be an issue for iPhone's Safari.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Wtf?

I just got back from the future. I can confirm there is an answer, but I'm not allowed to change the past by divulging it.

I also went further into the future and saw the new Macbooks with the optical drive mounted on the bottom. It was great.

PS...OS XI kicks ass too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.