Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wangchunggti337

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I was so pumped to get the orange shuffle, being it my favorite color and the most unlikely (or so I thought) color for Apple to promote, but when I finally feasted my eyes on one I was thoroughly disappointed.

It's not the bright, vibrant orange I was hoping for. It's more of a burnt, bronzy orange.

Am I correct in saying this or did I see it in poor lighting conditions?

:apple:

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I had the same experience. I generally love orange.

Anyway, I rushed down to buy it, and wound up with the silver.

kimnkk

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2007
Me!bourne, Australia
Yeah, i liked the orange in the pictures, but when i went to buy one in real life, i saw that is wasn't anywhere near as vibrant as they made it out to be. Kind of like the iPod mini 1st gen vs 2nd gen.

I ended up with the green because that seems more vibrant in general and none of the other colours (except maybe silver) did it for me.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This stinks like the others I really dug the orange. I was going to pick one up just for the heck of it, but after hearing this I have my doubts about getting it. I guess its better to be disappointed with an extra $80 then to wish I had not spent the money.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I've heard that the green is one of the most popular. Then again I wouldn't want an orange in the first place.

This stinks like the others I really dug the orange. I was going to pick one up just for the heck of it, but after hearing this I have my doubts about getting it. I guess its better to be disappointed with an extra $80 then to wish I had not spent the money.

Based on your sig, I see you're really hurting if you part with the $80.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
Here are some picture. The online orange vs the real life orange.

TS

Attachments

• ipod online.jpg
    ipod online.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 56
  • ipod real.jpg
    ipod real.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 50

wangchunggti337

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
That pic comparison kind of shows it. In real life, from straight on, the orange is almost bronze. I might have to go green.

slicedbread

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2006
Here are some picture. The online orange vs the real life orange.

TS

but how do the other coloured ipod shots compare between real like and from apple's own promo shots?

Is it just the orange one, or do all of them look duller in real life?

phytonix

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
I feel the same. Much less vibrant. I have green, like my mini. But I scratched it seriously. So I ended up buying 7 skins of different color. Orange is missing though.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
I have my orange shuffle with me right now, even though I'm not supposed to and I love it. The orange is very sleek and different. No second guessing on my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.