Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ag227

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
how similar are the glossy screens on the new imac compared to the macbook? im seeing people are hating the new imac because of the glossy screen reflections etc.

but using my macbook which has a glossy screen i have no problems using it in any light, including in direct sunlight when its inside, the only time it becomes difficult is using it outside in full sunlight.

i dont see anybody using the imac outside, so dont see a real problem unless it is alot more glossy than the macbook? or am i missing something?

The only reason i ask is because i look at getting the new imac and getting rid of my macbook.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
my advice is for you to go to the apple store and check one out for yourself. i had a macbook as well. and while i liked the glossy screen, i didn't like the colors it produced, especially the colors in ical. however, i saw one of the imacs earlier today, and they're definitely something to be wowed by. the colors were great, the brightness was excellent, and the imac was just stunning overall. it made me second guess my macbook pro purchase last month. :eek:

ag227

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
my advice is for you to go to the apple store and check one out for yourself. i had a macbook as well. and while i liked the glossy screen, i didn't like the colors it produced, especially the colors in ical. however, i saw one of the imacs earlier today, and they're definitely something to be wowed by. the colors were great, the brightness was excellent, and the imac was just stunning overall. it made me second guess my macbook pro purchase last month. :eek:

i think i will go and have a look at somepoint.

you made me just check ical, whats wrong with the colours in it, they look fine to me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.