Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Hey does anyone know an easy method to install 3rd party apps on the iphone without using wi-fi? I remember The General saying that using edge with the installer app was painstakingly slow, does anyone have another method cuz i dont have wi-fi in my dorm

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Hey does anyone know an easy method to install 3rd party apps on the iphone without using wi-fi? I remember The General saying that using edge with the installer app was painstakingly slow, does anyone have another method cuz i dont have wi-fi in my dorm

Installer.app works fine on EDGE as long as you have like 3 or 4 bars. Some programs are bigger than others, but generally it takes like 30 seconds to download a program. Some take just a few seconds.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Ok im pretty sure you said how to do this earlier but how would i replace stocks with installer and the calculator with launcher and have stocks and calculator in launcher along with anything else i download? Also, how would i put nes games in my iphone with cyberduck if i have no wifi? Once again your help is greatly appreciated general

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
1. On your Mac, click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar. It's on the top right near the battery indicator. Hit "Create Network..." and choose a name such as "omgelbin" and hit OK.
2. On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and connect to the network you just created. Then tap the little blue "(>)" next to the network you're connected to. Write down the IP address it lists for you.
3. Open Cyberduck and hit "Open Connection..." Set everything to this and hit Connect:

Protocol: SFTP
Server: The IP address you just wrote down
Port: Make sure it's 22
User: root
Password: dottie

Editing the DisplayOrder.plist is more complicated and I just really don't feel like typing it right now. I'm sure there's a tutorial on google somewhere.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Hey you know how in cyberduck you drag and drop nes games into the nes apps so you can play them? WOuld it be that simple if i wanted to just drag and drop say stocks into the launcher folder?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.