Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I used it on mine - it definately works!

touchhacked.jpg

I would have prefered iTunes on the dock instead of mail as I use my iphone for mail but its much better than the old way everything was arranged!

Thanks!

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
I used it on mine - it definately works!

touchhacked.jpg

I would have prefered iTunes on the dock instead of mail as I use my iphone for mail but its much better than the old way everything was arranged!

Thanks!

Niiiice.

I want customization though...hopefully someone puts out a tutorial for it!

mistashizzle

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
just send me an email with any order (remember only apple apps can be re arranged (this includes stocks, ill add it to a new version tomorrow, but if you need it just email me and ill send you the updated one)) and ill set it up for you. going to bed now, but when i get home tomorrow ill work on the requests.

mufasa

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
this setting is uber

Mail- sms text- calender- notes
clock- calculator- contacts- settings
youtube- weather- stocks- maps
itunes store- installer- nes- ttr
DOC: safari- music- videos- photos

I havt jail broken yet, might do it this weekend. Afraid of brickin ipod but w.e.
i also think i might want weDICTIONARY but that woulnt fit.

.cyanide

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2007
Thanks mrdonut125 for including the Calender fix :p

Check your email, I have a small request

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
SMS wont work on the touch as its NOT A PHONE!

So even if the thing DOESN'T crash on the touch when you start it then you can't actually use it for anything!

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
Since it isn't detailed here, if you want to reorder other apps look in the App package and you will find a "Info.plist" file, in there you will find a "CFBundleIdentifier" string, which you can use in the "N45AP.plist" file along with the various Apple applications.

You probably want to convert the N45AP.plist to XML (using the command plutil -convert xml1 N45AP.plist) so you can edit it easily in a text editor and then back to binary (using the command plutil -convert binary1 N45AP.plist) when you upload it to the touch.

recover82

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
~/
Since it isn't detailed here, if you want to reorder other apps look in the App package and you will find a "Info.plist" file, in there you will find a "CFBundleIdentifier" string, which you can use in the "N45AP.plist" file along with the various Apple applications.

You probably want to convert the N45AP.plist to XML (using the command plutil -convert xml1 N45AP.plist) so you can edit it easily in a text editor and then back to binary (using the command plutil -convert binary1 N45AP.plist) when you upload it to the touch.

Converting to XML is a great idea, good tip!

I'm not at the MacBook right now but could you verify whether or not the plutil command is available without installing the Developer Tools on my Mac?

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
I'm not really sure, but I ran locate and this is what I got

iMac:~ user$ locate plutil
/usr/bin/plutil
/usr/share/man/man1/plutil.1

I was under the impression that everything developer tools installs goes in /Developer

update: Just got a friend to run the command on a Mac without the developer tools and he got the same output

recover82

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
~/
I'm not really sure, but I ran locate and this is what I got

I was under the impression that everything developer tools installs goes in /Developer

I guess it's not a core piece of the DevTools then. I only asked because the GUI Property List Editor (or whatever it is called) gets installed alongside DevTools.

So you've answered my inquiry. Thanks to you, kind sir.:D

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005

Excellent stuff. Thanks for this.

I'm not at the MacBook right now but could you verify whether or not the plutil command is available without installing the Developer Tools on my Mac?

I do not have the Developer Tools installed and it worked for me.

Blastoise

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
edit button disappeared

Guys, I've successfully re-arranged my dock. If you're happy with this layout:
PIC_0002.jpg

feel free to download my code and copy it across. I've uploaded it to
http://rapidshare.com/files/61952051/N45AP.plist

I followed the jailbreaking process, got there everything successful. However, the calendar is missing the edit button, although the very first time after i copied the file it was there, but later disappeared again. Tried to copy the file again, no success. I really miss this function. How can I get it back?

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
I followed the jailbreaking process, got there everything successful. However, the calendar is missing the edit button, although the very first time after i copied the file it was there, but later disappeared again. Tried to copy the file again, no success. I really miss this function. How can I get it back?

download touch calendar fix through installer.app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.