Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry454

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Hey I'm in Canada, I've been lurking these forums for quite a time, but I would like to know if there is going to be any sales on blackfriday? Also if so can I combine it with my education discount? I want to get a SR Macbook the mid-range one. Thanks

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The Black Friday deals should be available in Canada if the past is any indication, and history also suggests that the MacBooks are likely to be one of the discounted items.

You can not, however, combine it with the educational discount.

harry454

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
ahhh that sucks, also how much discount is it usually? and what about tax? Also my moms a teacher, would she still go under educational or something else, I'm a student my self though

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
ahhh that sucks, also how much discount is it usually? and what about tax? Also my moms a teacher, would she still go under educational or something else, I'm a student my self though

If I remember it was $100 US last year without the education discount.

harry454

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
how much is tax in NY? I might drive up there and buy a macbook and bring it back down to toronto, would warranty be void? Could I still purchase apple care after that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.