Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
:eek:

Found this on the apple site, well worth a read IMO to keep things in perspective as what we see on these forums is often a small # of people having problems with their iphone, ignoring the fact that most people are humming along more then fine with theirs.

PC Magazine: iPhone scores “stunning” ratings
In the 2007 PC Magazine Readers’ Survey, Sascha Segan and Eric Griffith (PC Magazine) report that “iPhone owners passionately love their devices. In its first year on the survey, the Apple iPhone scored a stunning 9.1 out of 10 from our readers, beating the ratings that every other phone, from every carrier, in nearly every category, has received in the three years we’ve been including cell phones. The iPhone’s 9.6 scores in music and video playback might have been expected, but its 8.2 for call quality (a score significantly better than average), another 8.2 for coverage, and an 8.0 for earpiece volume show that it’s not just the i our readers like. They love the phone, too.” [Nov 20, 2007]

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2211391,00.asp?sr=hotnews

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
:eek:

Found this on the apple site, well worth a read IMO to keep things in perspective as what we see on these forums is often a small # of people having problems with their iphone, ignoring the fact that most people are humming along more then fine with theirs.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2211391,00.asp?sr=hotnews
Which just goes to prove that you can get a distorted picture of technical problems and manufacturing faults on the forums because those unfortunate owners tend to be the most vocal.

It does seem that the satisfied majority are likely to be the silent majority.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Which just goes to prove that you can get a distorted picture of technical problems and manufacturing faults on the forums because those unfortunate owners tend to be the most vocal.

It does seem that the satisfied majority are likely to be the silent majority.

Maybe we can change that balance:

Hey everybody! My iPhone worked just fine today! Did all the things I wanted it to do! What do I do now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.