Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Hi.I would like your opinions on this product.I recently switched and im paranoid about viruses ans spyware .Would anyone buy this or does anyone have it.Thanks alot.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
Bump.

I'm curious, too, about why you should stay away from VirusBarrier. I'm looking at getting it for my company. I need something very simple/automated to use, and it seems like a good option.

wightstraker

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2007
I'm curious, too, about why you should stay away from VirusBarrier. I'm looking at getting it for my company. I need something very simple/automated to use, and it seems like a good option.

I've had terrible experiences with Intego X4. First of all, you have to pay for it, so when my trial ran out I tried to uninstall it. I ran their included uninstaller but it didn't work, if left a stupid item in my menu bar even though the app itself was gone. I contacted support but they never replied. I finally had to dig around my Library to find the offending menu item and get rid of it.

Not worth the cost or effort.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
But how well did it work when it was installed? Paying for it isn't the problem. I'm just wondering if it works well.

wightstraker

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2007
But how well did it work when it was installed? Paying for it isn't the problem. I'm just wondering if it works well.

Installed it worked fine, if not a little bloated. I would take my bad experience with the developer as a warning sign, though.

Features did not perform as advertised:
I ran their included uninstaller but it didn't work

And tech support was nonexistent:
I contacted support but they never replied.

That doesn't seem like a healthy combination.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.